XDs Slide coating

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by kingsl, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kingsl

kingsl XDs

Has anyone had experience with having the slide Duracoated by HD-HS2000.com? I really like the leupold brown and titanium. Since they break down the slide will this affect the warranty?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum kingsl !!

Excerpt from XD manual...

Disclaimer of Liability

Springfield Inc., disclaims any liability for personal injury, property damage or economic loss caused in whole or in part by
    hand loaded, reloaded, remanufactured or defective ammunition. Under no circumstances will Springfield, Inc. be liable
    for personal injury, property damage or economic loss resulting from unsafe handling of the firearm, or unauthorized

modifications of the firearm.
    This warranty and disclaimer is subject to all applicable laws, some of which may limit its terms.

Exclusion for Tritium Night Sights

3. kingsl

kingsl XDs

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and the information. I see the blue print.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

No problem...glad to help !

5. shaner

shaner Active Member

i had them coat a 9mm sub for me, i really liked it, and it worked great, i also sent it to SA for a problem , they sent it back fix and never said a work ?? just sayin, maybe since it was an internal break and had nothing to do with the coating ?

6. Richey

Richey USMC - Nor*Cal

Most likely they wont fuss about it. But they CAN. It's like not having a front plate on your car in California. Most officers won't light you up but they definitely can and some will.

7. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

The Leupold Brown and Titanium looks great..I think I might have one of my Glocks done it that scheme! Very cool looking.

8. TheFuzz

TheFuzz Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake

Federal law protects consumers against overzealous manufacturers denying warranty claims for reasons unrelated to the actual claim (the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, et al).

So, Springfield's fine print says that you cannot make unauthorized modifications to your gun. Cool, no big deal. So, lets say say you have your gun duracoated. Down the line, the firing pin retaining pin shears off, and you send it in for a warranty claim. Springfield can't legally deny that claim based on the fact that your gun was duracoated. How can painting a gun make the pin shear? By the same token, say you have aftermarket night sights installed on your gun. It's a modification to the gun, right? See where this is going?

They usually only deny warranty claims if the item you are asking them to fix has been modified with aftermarket parts, or if an aftermarket part was the direct cause of another part failing. It's like putting an aftermarket exhaust on your truck, and then the dealership denying your warranty when the front CV joint blows out. They can't do that since the CV joint has nothing to do with the exhaust.

As for the other question, James does GREAT work. He uses KG GunKote almost exclusively now, which is a more durable coating IMO, and the results are fantastic. I'm sending him my new XDS here in a couple of weeks to get a two tone job done and get TFO's installed. Not sure if I want to go with Leupold Brown, FDE, or Titanuim Grey...but I'm sure that whatever I choose will turn out great.

9. mrBull

mrBull New Member

When I had my XD duracoated I also had them duracoat the mags so they wouldnt be shiny any more somthing to keep in mind.

10. kingsl

kingsl XDs

Thanks

Thanks everybody for the help and ideas. Not sure where the ad came from in my original post but I didn't add it.