alien gear holster

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by onTarget, Feb 9, 2014.

1. onTarget

onTarget New Member

I just ordered an alien gear holster for my xds I got last week. I tried the holster that comes with it but I'm not a big open carry guy. I'm hoping the alien gear feels like the Crossbreed I have. I have heard good things about them.

2. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

alien gear?? pics ?

3. onTarget

onTarget New Member

Similar to a crossbreed but half the price.

Attached Files:

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

That's a decent price, let us see yours when you hook it up.

5. onTarget

onTarget New Member

Holster for my xds came in today. I need to play around with the retention a little but nice over all.

Attached Files:

6. mattnorth

mattnorth New Member

I have a crossbreed for my xds! Can't complain, it does a very good job concealing!

7. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

How do you like that huge slab of leather in hot weather?

8. onTarget

onTarget New Member

I got my permit last August so haven't really carried in the warmer weather. I wear a undershirt so I don't think it will be that bad. It's not going to be right against my skin.

9. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the warm weather aspect of that holster.

10. onTarget

onTarget New Member

The way this winter is going I have awhile before the warm weather hits.

11. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Have faith, it will get here. Global warming don't you know. ;)

12. SARR

SARR New Member

Reviving a semi-old thread. I've been on the forum reading for a few months since i got my XDs45. I have Alien Gear holsters for my Kel Tec P11 and my RI 3.5" 1911. Love them both. All the comfort of a Crossbreed at half the price.

I ordered the Aliengear Cloak Tuck 2.0 for my XDs. The 2.0 is made from pleather and neoprene with an ABS plastic filler between the layers. It's less than $50 shipped to the door. Mine arrived 10 weeks from order. They advertised 6 weeks and I think someone dropped the ball with my order (see the "RUSH" on my invoice written in hi liter. I emailed after 9 weeks to ask about the status of my order. No reply until I got the automated shipping email a few days later.

It's as comfortable as the others I have and as comfortable as my Crossbreed. Retention is adjustable using different sized rubber spacers between pleather and kydex. These spacers are just small cut lengths of automotive hose. Crude, but it works. Cant and carry depth adjustable by moving the clips up or down on the holster, The nutserts on the holster that aren't used WILL wear holes in your pants, so should be removed once you find the sweet spot for your personal carry. The Neoprene wicks sweat like crazy so will need washing so it doesn't smell with daily wear.

Sorry if this is long, but I wanted to share my experience with this holster. And now here's a pic or two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hardware package
    [​IMG]
    One with my KT.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  13. DBCooper

DBCooper New Member

+1 for AlienGear holsters -
    Aside from a great price, and comfortable fit, they have a lifetime warranty and you can either purchase a new shell for $16 if you carry another gun, or swap your shell with them for a new shell at no cost.

Very happy with everything I've purchased from them.

14. Hammer

Hammer New Member

I have gotten great customer service. Just got replacement backing leather for my holster for my XD Subcompact. Only thing I DONT like is that they left Arkansas and moved to like Idaho or some place like that. Always enjoyed supporting local companies.