XD Forums banner

Ammo shortage and your range time.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dutchs 
#1 ·
What will you do now that ammo's so short and expensive? I'm going to find the glass half full, meaning that I''ll be making better use of the range and do slow deliberate shooting instead of blasting a full magazine away. The AR/AK will stay home, the .270win & .204 ruger will get to go instead pratice on breathing, trigger control and posture. Same with the 1911/BHP.
The XD's will tag along but limit myself to a couple of mags only.

I'm still trying to get the reloading act together and will start with 45acp and 45colt (have big plans for reloading to 45colt with some +P stuff) then get the .204ruger and .270win going. When things settle down maybe I'll find some .224 bullets to reload and the AR can get back out. The 7.62x39 is not on the list for reloading and prices will have to come way down for me to have blasting fun with the AK & SKS's, I refuse to pay $400 for a damn case of Wolf/Tula. I remember getting a 1K case to the door for $80, seems like a long time ago now. So what are you guys going to do at the range?

#3 ·
What shortage? I have a safe full of handloaded match 45 and 9mm and 38special and plan to keep practicing. Oh, and a closet full of 22 match ammo. Carry on...

#4 ·
My "shooting buddy" and I just got 3 spam cans of 7.62x39. 1280rds for $540 They had them for all of 2 hours before they were gone.

we have a pretty good supply and I have all the reloading equipment, however reloading supplies are as limited as ammo right now.

We will shoot a LITTLE less ammo a LITTLE less often and make better use of the range time-ammo. Spend MORE time picking up brass as we usually dont recover it all. Im sure we will now tho lol

#5 ·
My "shooting buddy" and I just got 3 spam cans of 7.62x39. 1280rds for $540 They had them for all of 2 hours before they were gone.

we have a pretty good supply and I have all the reloading equipment, however reloading supplies are as limited as ammo right now.

We will shoot a LITTLE less ammo a LITTLE less often and make better use of the range time-ammo. Spend MORE time picking up brass as we usually dont recover it all. Im sure we will now tho lol

That's the one thing I'm NOT short of, brass! Been picking mine and others up for a very long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.