XD Forums banner

Ammo???

10K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  dgp575 
#1 ·
Have you guys finding it harder and harder to find ammo
now that all the stuff going on im going to bet it going to get impossible to find it
i know there is a lot of ammo out there but im mostly talking about stuff like 223/556 and 45

#3 ·
I took an inventory today and concluded that I can't get any more ammo in the bunker.;) I have ample primers, brass and powder to last until we change directions. I did order a couple thousand bullets today. The mail lady is gonna hate me when they come.:D
Last time we had a shortage of ammo I had a tough time getting primers, and when I could they were outrageous. I took care of that when they got back to normal.

#5 · (Edited)
I don't need to buy anymore ammo, I have been adding to and maintaining a stock pile for about 35 years. I also have ammo that I got from my Dad that he bought in the late 1930's to the late 1960's and will be passed on, along with any remaining guns, to my four kids when I leave this world.

#7 ·
Good luck finding .45s about all handgun ammo is getting hard to find here unless you want junk Blazer or over priced hollow points. Paper punching ammo is scarce like it was in 08 when obamy was elected. .223s and 5.56 are impossible under $400 a 1000 if you find em.

#8 ·
Picked up 2 boxes of Federal 9mm 115gr HP's @ $14.95 ea, 6 boxes of Tula 223 this weekend at Wally World. They had plenty of 40s&w and some Tula and PPU 45acp. Not as bad as '08

#9 ·
Might be a good idea to increase the inventory with some additional 7.62x39 and 7.62x51, for those who have sporting rifles in that caliber.

#11 ·
The worst part of ammo buying here in Alaska is They CAN'T ship THROUGH Canada, and CAN'T fly it. So it has to be sent by container or cargo ship, requiring a minimum of a pallet per order through any mail order or online ammo broker. We have Walmart ( five within 600 miles of driving) and Sportsman's warehouse ( three within the same distance) and several smaller shops with the same requirements. ( Driving distance refers to the road system covering Seward to Fairbanks.) :mad:

#21 ·
I had a few boxes I fired through my old SKS and an AK, they made a visible fireball in daylight, at night it looked like a gallon of gas blew up at the end of the barrel, super fun to watch :)

#22 ·
Lucked up this past summer and LGS had surplus dated Chi-Com '87 30rds on Stripper Clips (YES CLIPS) for $9 and gave discount as I bought a few.:D

#25 ·
A couple of the on-line sources I use went from 329/1000 (223) to almost 800/1000. It's in stock, but at that price they can keep it. Luckily I had already stocked up before the "election".

#26 ·
Went by Academy this morning and picked up some Hornady Custom 9mm 147 gr XTP, Speer Gold Dot 45 cal 230 gr HP, and a box of Hornady 380 90gr Zmax.

Was looking for 7.62x39 and the guy said they were completely out and only expected to get 100 rds in tomorrow.
Also said everything they had was on the shelves and there was no more in the stockroom of any kind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.