Bad XD-s Owner

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by XDs45IWB, Mar 31, 2013.

1. XDs45IWB

XDs45IWB New Member

I'm a bad owner. Have had my XD-s for 6 mo now and it has never been cleaned or lubed. Straight from the box to my holster. Averaging 50 rounds/mo down the pipe (availability limited, 300 total to date). Federal, Blazer, Rem, UMC, Win, Independence, FMJ, JHP, doesn't matter, it loads, goes bang, ejects, & reloads EVERYTIME. Being my EDC I should give it more respect & care.

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Nice that it's dependable but I have this thing about clean weapons. :D

3. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

clean her UP!!!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Bad XDs owner...Bad !

5. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Continued mistreatment of your XDs will be cause for dismissal from the XDs club for a minimum of one day meaning you will not be able to fondle, caress, or in any other way, handle your XDs in any manner which gives one pleasure and excitement! However, should you decide to repent and immediately field strip and clean said XDs, then this reprimand will then be removed from your record, and your status of membership in the XDs club will be reinstated.

6. swagbrdr

swagbrdr New Member

My I ask why? It's not like fully disassembling a ma deuce or something....

7. wmruss

wmruss New Member

Your fine,,,the SA-XD weapon is a fine weapon and can be fired up to 5000 rounds without cleaning...so Im told by several gunsmiths. I however clean my everytime I shoot it,,but thats just me. And BTW,, theres no such thing as a BAD XD owner. Shoot away,,,

8. BigDawg

BigDawg New Member

If not cleaned properly since it is a striker fired handgun and if crud builds up in the chamber and keeps it from locking up correctly you could possibly have a catastrophic failure. In other words it can fire when out of battery. Irregardless of what any gunsmith has told you it needs to be kept clean at least by a simple field stripping. Be safe !!!!!

9. katfishinking

katfishinking New Member

no reason for this neglect. this is one of, if not the most easiest handguns to field strip and clean. I consider myself a novice handgunner, I do own a couple of them, but did not grow up around them at home with the folks. they are really simple to clean and lube. shame on you for not taking care of your baby.