1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
I quite smoking and hope to keep it that way

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
That's a start, keep it up and you will notice a lot of good benefits.
A little over 12 years not smoking for me now.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I smoked for 47 years and the only thing I use right now is chantix and sunflower seeds

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good for you. I quit for the final time in 1969 after many failures. I wanted a cigarette after a meal for a good year. Now I hate the smell... It gets easier with time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats to quitting!! I sincerely hope you stick to it.

I also wish I hadn't started back up.

·
Banned
2,724 Posts
I sure hope you both keep it up and maintain a smoke free lifestyle. It's been 10 years since I quit and just wish I had quit years earlier.

·
36 Posts
Good start !!!!!

"If you make it to a year, you are much less likely to go back to smoking and half as likely to develop heart disease."

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still smoke free though it is a struggle at times

·
Banned
2,724 Posts
Excuses, excuses. You want to be around to see your kids graduate, get married, have their own children....be smoke free and it will nearly guarantee you reaching these BIG milestones.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What gets to you? Mine is a screaming kid. For some reason I hear him scream and I need a smoke.
I just enjoyed smoking and that makes it harder to quite

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Excuses, excuses. You want to be around to see your kids graduate, get married, have their own children....be smoke free and it will nearly guarantee you reaching these BIG milestones.
Fair enough.

I do too. Very much so. That does make it a lot harder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Opaww & Austin,
You both are doing what I should be and since reading about your efforts I've decided to finally quit too. I've been thinking about it and had lots of excuses why I don't. So, I've told friends my quit date & heads up on my first 3 days as everything will irritate me...lol. Oh! The best thing-I've decided to take the $ I would have spent on cigs for my first XD:D

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
You need some of that good Cambodian Red to wean you off the tobacco. :eek:

just kidding!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Opaww & Austin,
You both are doing what I should be and since reading about your efforts I've decided to finally quit too. I've been thinking about it and had lots of excuses why I don't. So, I've told friends my quit date & heads up on my first 3 days as everything will irritate me...lol. Oh! The best thing-I've decided to take the $ I would have spent on cigs for my first XD:D
I'm on day four now.

So far so good. I'm going a little nuts, but I always do.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts