XD Forums banner

Been smoke free since Friday morning

15K views 99 replies 24 participants last post by  Shooter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I quite smoking and hope to keep it that way

#55 ·
Austin, remember November 22, 2012. It's only been 2 months, 8 weeks. Physical, chemical addictions can take longer than that to clear out, but you're most of the way there. You're doing great and it is worth the effort.

By the way, grats to Opaww and Laura42 too.

#62 ·
Now that it's 2/1 i have made it over 1 month. Last smoke was 12/31....Happy New Year.

#63 ·
That's good guys, eventually that craving will disappear and you will notice how much better you feel physically.

#64 ·
Austin,

Is your wife supportive of you quitting? I hope she is. Hang in there. Become an example of the benefits of quitting. Maybe she'll decide to quit too!

#65 ·
Austin,

Is your wife supportive of you quitting? I hope she is. Hang in there. Become an example of the benefits of quitting. Maybe she'll decide to quit too!
She is supportive, but still misses me sitting outside with her (we don't smoke in the house) so to keep her happy I will sit outside with her and shoot my bow while she smokes.

It's a tough one, she says she wants to quit, but I can tell she doesn't, she just doesn't want to suffer the consequences of smoking. It's a tough one.

#66 ·
Recognizing the consequences should eventually turn into wanting to quit. You're doing your job by leading by example.

#71 ·
She should be able to see the improvement in your condition after a while. Don't force her, but talk to her. Let her know what you would like her to do. She is your life partner. It's worth a try!

#73 ·
(nods sagely) ... you have learned well, grasshopper. Now let's see if you can grab the Nicorette gum from my hand... ;):D

#76 ·
You can do this, Austin. If you need the patch, get the patch. Then start cutting part of the patch off before you apply it. Just use smaller and smaller patches gradually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.