XD Forums banner

Big Dot?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  en7kids 
#1 ·
Howdy!
I was wondering if anyone had tried the Big Dot sight set. I like the idea of the tritium dot in the front sight and the tririum bar for the rear. (The older I get, the weaker my eyesight gets).

Cheers, Stevo

#3 ·
Big dot sights

Well, other than Shooter 13, I've gotten no replies to my inquiry. Sooo... I guess I'll just "wing it". I've seen these sights on web photos and various web sights; they look like what I'm looking for, so I'm going to give them a try. If they work out, I've got several handguns to put them on. (Just got a new xd45, a 5" tactical mod so I guess that's the one that'll go in first.) Will let you know how they work out for me later.
Cheers, Stevo

#5 ·
Hi Stevo

I have the same question. I too could really use a front sight that allows easy acquistion. I have the XDm 3.8, 9mm, full size grip. Really like the gun, but would like to enhance the front sight without adding any "mall ninja" stuff. A local shop told me that changing the front sight on the XDm is a major deal as it has to milled out for replacement? Looking at it, it appears to be dovetailed into the slide and should be able to be changed out in a normal manner by a competent smith? any thoughts or insights on this?
thanks
MrT

#6 ·
XD Sights

Check out: XD-HS2000.com
If you buy the sights from them ($120) they will install for FREE! Just send them the slide- NOT the whole weapon.
Looks like a winner to me.
XD-HS2000.com > gunsmithing services > sight installation services > xs 24/7 Big Dot

Cheers, Stevo

#7 ·
I to have questioned the big dot sight installation . The Springfield rep. Told me how . Just buy the right one . Taps out to the left and push in the new sight left to right. But you need a tool to push it in. The best is to factory install.

Sent from my iPhone using XD Forum

#11 ·
Big Dot sights for the XD

Howdy again,
Well, as was just pointed out, it has been a year since I started this posting. Time does go by fast sometimes. I apologize that I haven't kept up on things as I should have. I've had a few medical problems that have plagued me over the last year but I hope to get some of them resolved soon. (I am nearly blind in my right eye but I hope to have that corrected in about ten days.) Anyways, (I don't like whiners) I contacted the company that makes the BigDot sight system, (XS Sights), and they have the sights in stock ($120 per set) They will install them for $40+$11 for shipping.No need to send in the whole pistol-just the slide. I have decided that, since they make the sights, will spend the little extra money and have them do the installation. I have a 5" barreled model, a 4" barreled model and a XDM with a 3 1/2" barrel - they all use the same sights! Since I haven't done any shooting over the past year, I never really took the time to proceed with my project guns;...But "the times the are a Changin'".
Cheers,
Stevo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.