Bonehead Move of the Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by threetango, Oct 23, 2013.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Smart move bonehead...!!

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Bonehead move??? That's being kind.

3. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

Well if it is used in a crime, it will another example of an illegally possessed gun used in a crime.

4. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

I've come home from shooting and left my cased gun in my vehicle (locked) parked in front of my Apt. (no Garage) overnight. Bonehead? Yes. Did any thing happen? I got chewed out by my son, daughter, and wife! The weapons were retrieved intact that morning.

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

There's no excuse for crime. We can't control it, but not taking preventative measure to secure your weapon makes no sense to me.

6. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

Not meaning to play the devils advocate, how ever what is considered secure? I have an Oak gun case with a glass window. I do not own a gun safe. Don't have the money or desire to have one. So if someone breakes into my house and steals my guns and other belongings am I going to be considered the criminal and be held responsible for the crimes the person that robbed me commits? The responsibility needs to rest squarely on the shoulders of the criminal. It is impossible to think of every scenario that could allow a dirt bag from committing a crime. We are spending to much trying to blame people that are the victims. It's like prosecuting a bartender because of someone getting drunk and getting in an accident.

7. Shooter

I would say behind a closed and locked door.

8. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Gun safes are well and good but nothing is protection against professional thieves. When my guns were stolen the thieves came prepared and took the safe in its entirety.

Lesson being, at least for me, was "don't put all your eggs in one basket"............

9. Shooter

Sure, but I would venture that's not the majority of cases.

10. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

A person should be secure in his life, his home and belongings. As I said it is not the victim we should be blaming, that is the tactic of the gun grabbers. In the Sandy Hook shootings they blamed Adam Lanzas mother because she owned the guns. Adam Lanza murdered his mother and stole the guns. They blamed the guns for just being. They blamed all gun owners just for good measure. I'm tired of the "blame game", blame and punish the criminal.