breaking in xds wooooo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by RibEye, Mar 5, 2013.

1. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

wow .... is all i can say , have to get use to that punch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rCHiwH-Oc&feature=share&list=UUYxR4mneqNimQkUEyk69YSQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rCHiwH-Oc&feature=share&list=UUYxR4mneqNimQkUEyk69YSQ[/ame]

need more oil :confused:

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Nothing quite like a good day at the range, unless it's spotting for a friend.:D

[​IMG]

3. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

roger that , anything you can see from my grip ? threetango ?

left draw?
    right draw?

im open for knowledge -

xo

T

Attached Files:

4. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Hell after 3T's post, I can't even recall your video let alone your grip:D
    I want to know where that range is!

5. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

Roger that

6. JimA

JimA New Member

Not threetango, but I use an XDs for my EDC and find it very easy to hit with.
    What I see is your support hand is pretty low on your pistol, more so in the second mag. My support hand index finger is jammed up under the trigger guard all fingers together crushing my shooting hand on the grip. My front to back support for the gun is between my thumb pad and middle and ring finger of my shooting hand and my side to side support comes primarily from my support hand. I also use push pull tension with my shooting arm pushing somewhat forward and my support arm pulling back. I get very little muzzle jump.
    You will get more comfortable with the recoil the more you shoot it. I was pretty amazed at how tame it seemed considering the tiny size and a .45 Auto. Physics are still at work though so it will kick more than a 9mm:)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  7. threetango

Rather than trying to add on to Jim's post, here's a good video from a gun instructor you can watch over and over.
    As a left handed shooter just reverse the hand positions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQgLmQl1zDw[/ame]

8. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

possible range day MOnday ....

9. threetango

Sounds good, hope the weather cooperates.

10. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

They have issued a winter storm warning here. Expect 6-8 inches of snow.
    I am being a wimp lately and not hitting the outdoor range this winter.
    Shoot a few for me Tinman!!

11. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

Tinman, I'm no expert (shooting about 1-2 years now). I could not see in your video whether you have the pinky grip adapters on your XDs magazines. If not, you should get them. It allows your pinky finger to help with the grip. I tried the XDs (rental) when it first came out. They didn't have the adapters yet. Shooting 45acp with just 2 fingers on the grip is a handful. You'll be amazed how much difference the adapter makes.

Also, it looks like your left handed grip puts the middle of your trigger finger (or maybe the first crease) on the trigger, like a revolver. But in your right handed grip you put the middle of the tip of your trigger finger on the trigger. Unless you shoot revolver a lot (and have learned to get a straight pull that way) you might want to use the middle of the tip of the finger for both hands.

Have fun. I bet you learn to like the XDs!

12. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

* i copy that Bravo

man ... I went MOnday .. and watched my form and such . ... i am not happy ... I did get the Pierce Grips and such - and fellow Brother on the forum just sent me a 7 RD .

Going to give it another try

I attempted this type DRaw where you hold your Wrist as you discharge .... i relieved good grouping . but odd ..

I wil review my video's and post the least embarrassing ones , myself always being a SUB compact .40 guy .

This extra little PUNCH ... throwing me off , that is why I post on this forum , TONS of knowledge here for me to learn from the Pro's ,
    * me - Protect FAMILY - I just want to make sure i hit the C.O.M if had to come down to it

* you copy ?

and cheers

T

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  13. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

oh P.S

I HEART REVOLVERS BRO !!!!! hahahhh

* let em pull the out of my boot real quick

.38 Special SPL

love em

Attached Files:

14. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I don't pretend to be an expert shooter or an instructor. But what I was taught was that you want maximum contact between your hands and the grip of the gun. Shooting with your offhand on your wrist does not accomplish that. I'd suggest you go back to "both hands on the wheel" and take a close look at that video the first responder provided.

If you can pull the trigger straight back with your revolver trigger position, then by all means go that way.

15. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

me either bro , i just want to make sure i can get the COM - all i need specially if my son or wife are with me , that is why I am here on this forum alot of cool , laid back guys - that know how to PROPERLY handle a FIREARM .

and we all have fun here

cheers

t

16. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

getting there with the xds

Attached Files:

17. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Nice shooting!

18. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

as long as I hit C.O.M

im gooooood ... :metal2:

19. wmruss

wmruss New Member

WOW,,,I feel good about watching that video on handgun holding,,ITS EXACTLY THE WAY I GRIP MINE,,so much more control..:D

20. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

I recently went this past tues - practice , practice .....

7RD MAG still jamming on 3rd or 4th RD

Making sure - I have a good GRIP - firearm has been cleaned and lubricated -

watching video again