Carrying in a car/vehicle.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Darkrio, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Darkrio

Darkrio New Member

I am considering mounting a holster in my vehicle under the steering column or knee board. I was wondering how does everyone carry when they drive? I know carrying on the body is not the best option unless its a shoulder holster. Trying to pull from a hip or small of the back is near impossible while buckled. I would like everyones oppinion. Thanks

2. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

If I'm driving my wife's car I keep it in the door pocket. My truck has tinted windows, so I often just rest it right next to me on the seat or put it in the floor console.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Since I carry strong side @ 1600...I usually just put it in the console should I need it quickly.

(Never put it on the seat...a sudden stop may shift it to God knows where !!)

4. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I find a well designed cross draw belt holster works for me in a vehicle. Other time I carry it in my pistol purse which I secure with the seat belt through the carry handle.

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Don't like the idea of any vehicle taller than mine or the same height being able to see whats in my car.

I like the "in the console" or "on me " carry in a vehicle.
    Not so much in the door pocket which can be seen upon opening or have to remove and place it in a different spot when you open the door. JMO

6. Darkrio

Darkrio New Member

Thank you for all the oppinions. I still havnt decided what to do.