Cartridge Choice

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by threetango, Jan 5, 2015.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

.22 long rifle has been on the shelves in my area since mid-summer...but the stores that stock it are limiting the amount you can purchase so that everyone has a shot at getting some...usually no more than 100 rounds per day per person.

3. threetango

I'm hooked on CCI "Stingers" or "Mini Mags" which have been somewhat scarce in my area.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

5. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

.45 Auto = Lots of air in and lots of blood out. Pay your money and take your choice......

6. threetango

From the article.
    This guy is nuts !

Consider too the experience of Chuck Taylor, founder of the American Small Arms Academythe school from which I am proud to hold instructor’s certification. Many years ago when Taylor was the editor of SWAT Magazine, he conducted an experiment that remains controversial to this day. To better gauge the energy imparted to a human being by the various popular calibers, he donned a high threat level bullet resistant vest and was shot—at near point blank range–by a variety of weapons and bullets to gather data on the strength of bullet impact as felt by a human target.
    Taylor wore metal trauma plates over the thick Kevlar of the vest, and it was on the trauma plates—they were frequently replaced to avoid the possibility of unintended penetration–that all rounds were stopped. Unfortunately, that test is not, to my knowledge, available on the Internet. However, I recall that of all the rounds tested, up to and including a .7.62 (.308) fired from a battle rifle, no round imparted greater felt impact energy, and by a considerable margin, than the pistol caliber .44 Magnum fired from—if memory serves—a revolver with a 6″ barrel.

7. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Mr. Taylor has always suffered from a large dose of megalomania...