Cerakote

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by en7kids, Nov 2, 2013.

1. en7kids

en7kids New Member

Has any one had a gun with Cerakote ? How does it hold up on a pistol ? I carry concealed in a Whitehat holster . Some of the finish has worn off .I was thinking about trying Cerakote.

2. en7kids

en7kids New Member

Just a update if any one ever sees this. The new Marine pistol is coated with a Cerakote on external surfaces. They chose a non reflective brown. It's a desert color. It is designated M45A1 CQBP .

3. Juice

Juice New Member

I cerakoted my xd45 compact, I've shot 500 rounds through it no issues, waiting for my concealed carry license to come in so once I get it I'll let you know how it will hold up in and out the holster

4. Juice

Juice New Member

ImageUploadedByXD Forum1387598226.489201.jpg here it is xd45 compact with powder coated magazine

5. en7kids

en7kids New Member

I just got the photo. Very nice

6. BigDawg

BigDawg New Member

Cerakote holds up very well to use. You can also purchase and apply Dura Coat yourself and it is another product that actually is as good as they advertise it to be. Checkout http://www.brownells.com and they offer many different patterns with everything being in a kit for applying the product to your firearm.