Deal or No Deal? XD9 Bitone in CA

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by rogersterling, Jun 7, 2013.

1. rogersterling

rogersterling New Member

Hi XD-ers,

I'm a noob looking for my first handgun. I've shot glocks, m&ps and finally got my heart set on the XD9. I'm in California where these XDs and pretty much all other popular guns are insanely difficult to find. So I have an opportunity to buy:

-XD 9mm Bi-tone
    -Used
    -Owner claims 100 rounds shot (box of FMJ, box of HP)
    -Comes with XD Kit holster, mag loader, mag holder
    - 2 10 round mags
    - 1 16 round rebuild kit

Price is $600. Seems high, but all the LGS say they haven't seen one of these NIB for months and months.

What do you guys think? Deal or no deal?

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

As you live in a 3rd world country it is difficult to assess the market value as there are no like comparisons here. However you are on the right track with the XD9, impossible to beat this pistol.

If this is you pistol of choice and there is an acute shortage there perhaps you might want to bite the bullet and make the buy.

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Price seems high to me, I'd look around for someone who doesn't bend you over.

4. wmruss

wmruss New Member

Yes,,used it seems a bit high,,but it sounds like it was slightly used,,make an offer of $500.00 much better price yet still a good deal,,GL,,,and YES SA-XDs are great guns

5. dio2868

dio2868 New Member

Have one in 40 for that price but I threw in a insight x2l

6. Boostaddict

Boostaddict New Member

Is this an XD9 subcompact? If so, there is one I just saw yesterday for 489.00 brand new. By the way I have this gun in subcompact and love it. One of my favorites. Very accurate for such a small barrel. I bought mine at another LGS in Nashville for 529.00 new with the whole kit to give you an idea. Mines all black thou, just personally think it looks better all black.

7. JoeUSooner

JoeUSooner JoeUSooner

Having owned and carried an XD 9mm Service (4") Pistol for two years now, I can attest to the inherent quality of the weapon. And it's impressive accuracy right out of the box. I recommend it to almost anyone.

At the time I purchased it, the new XD cost $469 at a local dealership. Taking into account two years of inflation, and then discounting for being a used weapon, the $600 price tag seems a bit high, but not abnormally so.

If it is rare (if you're not likely to find many others available), and you like it a lot, it's probably worth obtaining. At least, you won't be terribly abused in the sale. LOL

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Firearms Forum !!

Fine Firearm...but price is on the high side...offer at least $50 less or ask for that much in ammo.

** Check into our ongoing Firearm Trivia Contest Mon-Fri with a new winner picked every Saturday in September !! **