Defense ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by CallMaker, Jul 13, 2014.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Good article.
    Hornady Critical anything, I like that.

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

"Hornady Critical anything"

My choice for just about everything. I like the performance, the pricing and the fact that it is on the shelves....

3. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Just finished up a renewal cc class, they recommend only commercial ammo and no reloads for you CC weapon, it seams if you reload for carry you maybe painted poorly by the other citizens should need to protect yourself . Interesting I thought,

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

In today's society most anything to do with guns or ammunition will get you painted poorly.
    I prefer factory ammo as I have no equipment for reloading and feel they do a better job than I personally could anyway.

5. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I'm for the factory ammo for carry as I then have a reasonable expectation that it will go "Bang" when I press the trigger............

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  6. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

A competent reloader can produce a superior round that can be taylored to

7. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Sorry ... Tailored to each firearm.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Critical Defense...in every caliber I own...including 12 gauge and .45 Colt. :cool:

9. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Good choice I think. I run Critical Defense in the 9's and Critical Defense/Critical Duty in the .45's..............

10. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I run Critical Defense in .40 and Critical Duty +p in 9mm, Remington 00BK in the .12 ga. :D