XD Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XDm 3.8 Sub-Compact .45
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's sort of becoming a pet peeve of mine. But when I have my XDm 3.8 sub-compact .45ACP at the range and am practicing fast reloads, I have a really hard time seeing the number of remaining rounds I have in the magazines. As if the witness holes are misaligned a bit. I've never experienced this with any other manufacturer before, but after checking all my XDm mags, they're all exactly the same.

Has anyone ever noticed this before? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Hey J, I agree the rounds don't line up with the holes perfectly, but I can still see them well enough. I generally keep count of how many rounds I'm loading...

·
XDm 3.8 Sub-Compact .45
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey J, I agree the rounds don't line up with the holes perfectly, but I can still see them well enough. I generally keep count of how many rounds I'm loading...
Thanks for the reply, TAZO2503. You're right... I can still sort of read how many rounds I have remaining in the mag. I'm B-I-G on keeping a mental tally of rounds I've fired from a mag. It just irritates me that they are difficult enough to read that 1) it takes that little extra bit of time, 2) that for as well made as my SA gear seems to be, there is a problem as simple to notice & then remedy during development as this is, and 3) even though I can usually still read the number of remaining rounds... it's difficult 'enough' to read that it leaves that tiny little bit of doubt in my mind. And during training, or especially in a life & death situation, that doubt is the last thing I want taking up any of my thinking.

It's small, and doesn't effect how much I absolutely love how my XDm runs at all... but still bugs me.

Thanks again, bud!

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
No problem! Like yourself, part of my personal training routine is round counting. So much so, it's become somewhat second nature to me. I've noticed that I do it now without even thinking about it. Lord forbid the time should ever come, I pray I'll have the presence of mind to still do it then!

Hey, I hope to hear more from you. We'd all appreciate your input!

·
XDm 3.8 Sub-Compact .45
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem! Like yourself, part of my personal training routine is round counting. So much so, it's become somewhat second nature to me. I've noticed that I do it now without even thinking about it. Lord forbid the time should ever come, I pray I'll have the presence of mind to still do it then!

Hey, I hope to hear more from you. We'd all appreciate your input!

Thanks! As my Dad always said... "Hope for the best. Train for the worst. And then train some more." :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts