Finally found an XD40 Subcompact

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by bluezee28, Feb 28, 2013.

1. bluezee28

bluezee28 New Member

I've been looking for a subcompact XD40 at all of my local dealers plus the big stores like Cabella's and Bass Pro, everyone is sold out and on back order. When I ask when they can get one they all have the same response..."We can't order them and we never know what's coming on the truck".

So I got a little crafty with my search and hit up gunbroker.com (found it on a Google search, had never used it before). I put my bid in on a brand new gun with the XD gear, 9 and 12 round mags, and won the auction BELOW MSRP!!!

I won the darn thing for $530 plus $25 for shipping. I can't wait to get this thing so I can start carrying. My service model XD40 is too big to conceal. Luckily though, the subcompact and the service model have the same frame so the new gun will fit in my CrossBreed holster. :D

2. filmtex

filmtex New Member

I also have an XD40 SC and love it. Very reliable,as you no doubt already know, very accurate and a great size for EDC. Enjoy your new XD.

3. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Congrats on the XDSC. I have the same in 9mm and my son had the 40.
    Very accurate for a gun its size.
    And welcome from Ohio.

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

My EDC has been a XD40SC since 2008 and very very happy with it, never a failure of any kind with about 7K rounds down the pipe.

5. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Congrats....enjoy it :)

6. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Good, now find yourself a good comfortable holster and some ammo for it, then get out and punch some paper to acclimate yourself to it..

7. bluezee28

bluezee28 New Member

I've got a nice Crossbreed Super Tuck for it that was going to be used with my XD40 Service but it's too big of a gun to conceal (in my opinion).

8. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Hey I am a small guy and I carry my XD40SC IWB with a High Capacity mag without a problem. I also have a XD40 5" that I carried just to see if it was possible to do so, it was no problem. Right holster, good belt, right clothing makes it a breeze.

9. Grelker

Grelker New Member

I use the crossbreed and it's the most comfortable that i've tried. Stays in place and is highly concealable. Congrats on your purchase.

10. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

+1 on your find..I also use the CrossBreed Supertuck for my IWB carry and love it. I carry my new XDm 3.8 compact .45 in it.