Firearms writer fired

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CallMaker, Nov 7, 2013.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

To little too late.

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

^^ plus 1000......

3. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Miscalculated? I guess!:(

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well I clearly disagree with him, but respect his opinion all the same.

We need differing voices in our community so we all don't sound like nutjobs. When I say thing like "If I want to own a bazooka it should be in my right" people look at me like I'm crazy.

5. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Just shows that 1st Amendments rights are fine and should be used as people wish. However it is foolish to bite the hand that feeds you as these people learned. What one says as an individual is far removed from statements that cost your employer revenue and customer good will.

But then Metcalf should not fade all the heat, somewhere there is an Editor who approved the publishing of the article that caused all the fuss and he/she should have their feet held to the fire as well.

6. poriggity

poriggity New Member

Good riddance, and it's a little too late. As soon as they published that article, they lost me as a reader. I didn't have a subscription, but I would pick it up when I could, and I was seriously considering a subscription. They lost out on that based on that one article they chose to publish. Firing someone over it isn't going to change my mind.
    Scott

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I very rarely read firearms mags. I'm more of a fan of interactive platforms, but I talked to my Dad over the weekend and he will be maintaining his.