Forum Access Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by arcee72, Jun 3, 2014.

1. arcee72

arcee72 New Member

I am occasionally receiving error messages when trying to access this forum. Once, I was informed that the domain name had expired, but more recently, I see error messages to the effect that the server can't be found. It takes a second attempt to bring up the Web page. I have also noted that the Web server used to host this site seems to be slower than any of the other forum site that I regularly visit.

Has anybody else seen these issues?

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Service is usually good but the past few days it's had some gremlins.:greenlittle:

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What browser and operating system?

Have you cleared cookies, and cache and closed and reopened your browser?

Any other info you can get me would be appreciated.

4. arcee72

arcee72 New Member

Windows 7 Professional with Firefox 29.0.1.

All cookies and caches are cleared automatically on exit. CCleaner Professional is used to accomplish this in addition to browser settings. The problems I see are Web site specific.

I subscribe to five other shooting fora, and none of them is giving me the same problems.

I can access okay today, but the server is still slow. Maybe it's just an old, slow server ... :(

5. Shooter

It's not, hence the concern.

6. arcee72

arcee72 New Member

Well, it seems to be faster today, and I am no longer seeing the errors, but it wasn't very fast yesterday.

7. Shooter

Our tech guy checked it out, and on that day the server has some issues. It should be resolved now as the server is working correctly.