XD Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the white paint in my front sight of my XDm fell out. What paint should I use as a replacement?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Two comes to mind White fingernail polish, White metal marking paint with a clear coat enamel. These are just off the top of my head and no experience with the use / abuse of the paint, just from the experience of a welders helper and metal marking both temporary and permanent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use a cotton swab/q-tip with brake cleaner on it to clean out the "hole" where the paint lays, then once that dries, use a toothpick and use white fingernail polish, dabbing white paint in the "hole" until it fills in nicely.
Just remember if you wipe it down with hoppes 9 the paint will come off.

Good luck,
Robb

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did my sights with a neon green and neon orange from my local hobby shop, Its an inexpensive way to see your sights once you get older.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input. I do use Hoppes 9 to clean the gun so that might explain why the original paint fell out. I don't have brake cleaning solution and wondering if mineral spirits or fingernail polish remover would work just as good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've done the glow in the dark paint, I went back to white dots, the glow paint would only glow for 10 mins tops, when I went back to white I actually pulled the white dots out and used white hobby paint to fill it back in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts