"Give a little freedom in exchange of a little safety

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by artbrownsr, Jan 22, 2013.

1. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Another Obama supporter says
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/22/e...need-to-make-some-sacrifices-to-our-freedoms/

“Addressing the issue of gun control, singer-songwriter James Taylor told The Daily Caller that Americans ‘need to make some sacrifice to our freedoms’ in order to keep children safe. Following his performance at President Obama’s second inauguration, TheDC asked Taylor if he agreed with Obama’s executive actions on gun control. ‘I think the nation is very divided on gun control,’ Taylor told TheDC, ‘but I think the majority of us feel strongly — even the majority of gun owners feel strongly — that we need to make some sacrifice to our freedoms, if that’s the way to put it. We need to make some sacrifices to what we might want to have, in order to safeguard our children.’”
    :mad:
    I feel someone needs to remind him of an old publisher and inventor of the 1700's

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin,*Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
    US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)*

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

" Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

^^ Could not have said it any better myself...