Got my XDM 45 3.8 Today

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by jaesin, Apr 4, 2014.

1. jaesin

jaesin New Member

Finally got my xdm today and I installed a Pearce extension grip +2 and with a full mag it is really hard trying to release the mag from the pistol... why is that and how can I fix it

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

New gun, just put a drop of gun oil around the mag release button and insert and release the mag ( with no rds in it) about 10 times to loosen it up.
    Also check the extension to make sure it's not binding in the mag well.
    See if that helps.

3. jaesin

jaesin New Member

Thanks tango but still the same... it works as it should when I have the slide open or no rounds in the mag but as soon as its a full mag and try to insert it, it rough to push in all the way and release it

4. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

With two more rounds you have considerably more downward pressure on the magazine with the slide closed. This will result in increased force required to depress the magazine release button. If you think you need the extra 2 rounds this is the result you must live with.

5. jaesin

jaesin New Member

I use 1 extra round and I tried it with a 9 round mag n the extended mag its the same

6. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

OK!!! That was my one and only idea. Us Geezers don't have them very often so that's it, I have used up all my brain capacity and need a nap. ;)

7. nbk13nw

nbk13nw New Member

It seems that it is a little tight when new. Mine was the same when I first brought it home. After a short while it will loosen up from normal usage. Just work it a little.

8. jaesin

jaesin New Member

Thanx nbk thats a relief... i took it 2 the range this past weekend and I love it but was a lil worried obout the mag issue

9. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

put lead through her - break her in good - when i obtained glock30s - logged 400 rounds - solid - as well as my xds

10. jaesin

jaesin New Member

Lol I put 100rds of 3d 230gr not enough to break it in but it was all I had... flawless

11. imjohn

imjohn New Member

The beauty is, if you're in a situation, the mag will probably be empty and the release will work fine.

12. jaesin

jaesin New Member

If I miss that many times that I have to reload I'm having an extremely bad day and don't deserve the xdm lol:shooting: