XD Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kit do you use to clean your weapons ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I pretty much use an assortment of items from kits bought over the years and snakes. I do have a Hoppe's delux kit that I recently received as a birthday present, the kit was about $30 and appears that it would meet my needs, but has not been used. I still use some old wooden cleaning rods for my shotguns/rifles that belonged to my father.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I pretty much use an assortment of items from kits bought over the years

same here.

I use a old tackle box to store all my cleaning stuff in. lol I like to try different products out and am always buying something "new" to toss in the tac box lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
I keep most of my cleaning stuff in a surplus .50 cal ammo can, and works good in locking in the smell of the solvents/oils. Makes the wife happy anyway.:D

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I pretty much use an assortment of items from kits bought over the years and snakes. I do have a Hoppe's delux kit that I recently received as a birthday present, the kit was about $30 and appears that it would meet my needs, but has not been used. I still use some old wooden cleaning rods for my shotguns/rifles that belonged to my father.
Homemade cleaning rods?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Actually they are not used and have been stored for the past 30 years or so. Yes, I would guess they were made by my father in the 1930's or 1940's. I first used them in the early 1950's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts