How many mags?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by TNinSC, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TNinSC

TNinSC New Member

I just purchased a XDm .40 compact this week and it came with 3 mags. 2 extended and 1 flush. Question is how many did yours come with? Everything I have read on the sites are that it only comes with 2. Did I get a bonus? :D

2. wmruss

wmruss New Member

I would say u got a bonus,,,enjoy it. The standard ---O--- kit comes with two as far as ive ever known.

3. jayson

jayson New Member

Both my compact and full size came with 2 mags ea.

compact came with 1 flush and 1 extended mag. so I think you made out !!

Does your case have a spot for a 3rd mag or just 1 in the gun and 2 slots for mags???

4. TNinSC

TNinSC New Member

Came with 1 extended in the gun with a II sleeve. 1 flush and another extended with a II sleeve in the case. Came with only 1 I sleeve and 1 III sleeve. Guess the gun shop has a case that is a mag short now.

5. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I have an XDm 9mm Compact, very similar to your 40SW. Mine came with two mags, one flush, one extended. The extended magazine had the number 2 (medium) sleeve on it. They also ship a number 1 (small) sleeve and a number 3 (large) sleeve. They go along with the replaceable backstraps of corresponding size.

The extra magazine is a special offer that Springfield sometimes runs. I don't know if they're running one right now (probably not). But they may have shipped some during a recent special to LGS who had someone not pick theirs up. On the shelf it goes. When you buy it, they retrieve the case it came in, complete with your extra magazine.

By the way, you might want to try out one of the other backstraps (and sleeves) to see if either fits you better. I use the number 1 (small) backstrap and it made an amazing difference. I was a new shooter when I got the 9mm. My groups at 10 yards were in the 4-6" diameter range. When I changed backstraps, that dropped to 3-5". Still not great, but it was immediate.

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Yes SA had a special going on for a short while and the new XDm guns came with three mags. You got one of those!

7. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Your groups are just fine. It's all balancing act. Two shots in five inches in 3 seconds is far better than 2 shots in 2" in 10 seconds.....