I went with Trijicon

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by Jeff56, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

over other models like TruGlo. I realize that the TruGlo sights can be seen as either tritium or as fiber optic sights but they don't last as long as the tritium only sights. At least that was the story I heard when I went looking for better sights.

This is pretty cool posting first in a forum. That's not something I get to do every day.

2. Terry

Terry Junior Member

I have Trijicon on my XD40. Have not yet decided on what my XD45 will be wearing.:confused:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Good choice gentlemen...Trijicon is my favorite as well !

4. dblum15

dblum15 New Member

I was thinking about using the Fiberoptic on the front sight like they have on the 5.25 XDMs.

5. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

I have fiberoptic sights on another pistol. They work great just after dark. They light up like Christmas trees. But if it gets really dark forget it. You can't see them at all.

6. TheFuzz

TheFuzz Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake

Curious as to who told you that TruGlo sights don't last as long as regular tritium sights? I'm all about Trijicon HD sights, but I also plan on having TruGlo TFO's installed on my XDS. They use the same tritium vials that everyone else uses so theres really no difference in how long they last...whoever told you that was a little less than honest I'm afraid.

Maybe they were talking about the fiberoptic tubes themselves? I know that the earlier models of TFO's had issues with the tubes coming loose prematurely (which actually happened to the ones I had on my first P226 - replaced at no charge by TruGlo). Latest versions have solved that issue though, from what I've heard.

7. JLBIII

JLBIII Junior Member

Yeah I would have to agree with The Fuzz on this one, it doesn't matter what company installs the Tritium vials on their sights the lifespan should be about the same. Most of these companies buy their Tritium vials from the same supplier.

Joe

8. trudina

trudina Forum Member

I would like to have tritium sights put on my XD40 subcompact and have been told by a few stores that putting them on the XD's is difficult not simple like the Glocks. What can you tell me about having the sights replaced? :confused:

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum trudina !!

10. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Welcome trudina and as far as installing the night sights on an XD product, all you need is a sight pusher. True, the XD sights can be difficult to move or remove, but the sight pusher accomplishes it very well without damage.