Is S.A. ever going to make a 10mm XD?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Colt45, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

I want a 10mm bad, one that's 13-15 rds , can withstand Buffalo Bore type HOT ammo + a 4-1/2" to 5" barrel and be under $700. S&W M&P, CZ, Ruger don't make them, EAA does but hear their slides can crack with heavy loads. Colt Delta is very nice but 1k price tag, RIA has a nice one but impossible to find. That leaves me with a GLOCK 20! I'm not a lover or a hater of Glock, I just find the grip to feel like a 2x4 other than that it's got everything going for it (price/cheap available mags and built like a tank). These days I'm like everyone else and try to spend money wisely and want a 10mm I'm not going to get rid of in a years time.

Any suggestions? Should I wait or get a Glock?

2. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

If S.A. ever makes one, I'll have to have one.

3. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

The 10mm Auto is kind of a "dead" round for all practical purposes. The 40S&W has totally stolen it's market so most folks wanting a 10mm/40cal go with the S&W round over he Auto round. Still, it seems like it'd be easy enough to make an XD45 into a 10mm Auto with a barrel change and maybe a recoil spring change. Might be something to ask the folks in the After marker for rather then waiting for Springfield to come out with one.

4. Rotorheadv8

Rotorheadv8 New Member

Have you priced the ammo? For that matter, when is the last time you saw any 10mm? It's prohibitively expensive.

If I want an excellent anti-personnel club, I carry my XD-45 4". 230gr JHP will pretty much cure whatever it is that may wish to harm me.

Factory Certified XD/XDm Armorer
    State Certified Firearms Trainer
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    Concealed Carry Instructor
    Concealed Carry since '89
    1 shooting
    Capt USMCR (Ret)

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Personally not sure the 10 is popular enough for SA to get involved.
    I have a Glock 20 2nd generation which I carried in Mogadishu and it caught hell and still worked but it has passed from being a favorite.
    If you want a 10 and can deal with the features Glock has a pretty good one.

[​IMG]