XD Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a 10mm bad, one that's 13-15 rds , can withstand Buffalo Bore type HOT ammo + a 4-1/2" to 5" barrel and be under $700. S&W M&P, CZ, Ruger don't make them, EAA does but hear their slides can crack with heavy loads. Colt Delta is very nice but 1k price tag, RIA has a nice one but impossible to find. That leaves me with a GLOCK 20! I'm not a lover or a hater of Glock, I just find the grip to feel like a 2x4 other than that it's got everything going for it (price/cheap available mags and built like a tank). These days I'm like everyone else and try to spend money wisely and want a 10mm I'm not going to get rid of in a years time.

Any suggestions? Should I wait or get a Glock?

·
Registered
349 Posts
If S.A. ever makes one, I'll have to have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 10mm Auto is kind of a "dead" round for all practical purposes. The 40S&W has totally stolen it's market so most folks wanting a 10mm/40cal go with the S&W round over he Auto round. Still, it seems like it'd be easy enough to make an XD45 into a 10mm Auto with a barrel change and maybe a recoil spring change. Might be something to ask the folks in the After marker for rather then waiting for Springfield to come out with one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you priced the ammo? For that matter, when is the last time you saw any 10mm? It's prohibitively expensive.

If I want an excellent anti-personnel club, I carry my XD-45 4". 230gr JHP will pretty much cure whatever it is that may wish to harm me.

Factory Certified XD/XDm Armorer
State Certified Firearms Trainer
NRA Pistol Instructor
Concealed Carry Instructor
Concealed Carry since '89
1 shooting
Capt USMCR (Ret)

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Personally not sure the 10 is popular enough for SA to get involved.
I have a Glock 20 2nd generation which I carried in Mogadishu and it caught hell and still worked but it has passed from being a favorite.
If you want a 10 and can deal with the features Glock has a pretty good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts