Is This The Scandal That Will Bring Obama Down?
By Floyd and Mary Beth Brown
It's even worse than we previously thought. A retiredfour-star admiral is now claiming that Barack Obama intentionally conspiredwith America's enemies to stage a bogus attack and the kidnapping of anAmerican ambassador so he could "negotiate" the release of a"hostage" and bolster his mediocre approval ratings just prior to theelection?
The Washington Examiner, quoting retired Four-Star AdmiralJames Lyons, writes: "the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi...was the result of a bungled abduction attempt.... the first stage of aninternational prisoner exchange... that would have ensured the release of OmarAbdel Rahman, the 'Blind Sheik'..."
But something went horribly wrong with Obama's "OctoberSurprise." Although the Obama Administration intentionally gutted securityat the consulate prior to the staged kidnapping, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woodsand Glen Doherty disobeyed direct orders to stand down, saved American lives,single-handedly killed scores of attackers...and the attackers, believing thatthe Obama had betrayed them, tortured Ambassador Chris Stevens and dragged hisbody through the streets.
Some will say that Admiral Lyons' accusation is not asmoking gun. We agree, that's exactly why Congress must investigateBenghazi-gate.
Moreover, we firmly believe the problem with Admiral Lyons'assertion is that he is only scratching the surface the full and complete truthmay be much, much worse.
Benghazi-gate is not about a bogus YouTube video series oflies. It's not about the Obama Administration's foreign policy ineptitude. Weare dealing with something much more sinister... something potentiallytreasonous... and the following questions, posed in an article in The NewAmerican, go to the heart of the matter:
1. "What was the Obama administration's full role inhelping violent Jihadists, self-styled al Qaeda terrorists, and Western-backed"revolutionaries" take over Libya in the first place?
2. Did that half-baked scheme to arm Jihadist leaders,who... had previously fought U.S. troops in Iraq, contribute to the attack, ascountless experts and officials have suggested?
3. What was actually going on at the compound in Benghazi,which as the report states, was never a "consulate" despiteestablishment media claims?
4. Was Ambassador Stevens recruiting and arming Jihadistsand terrorists to wage war on the Syrian regime after what Obama called the"success" in Libya, as a growing body of credible evidence suggests?
5. Why did the administration claim for so long that theattack was just a "protest" over a YouTube video gone awry, even whenit knew definitively that was not the case?
6. Was the lack of security at the compound a political ployto conceal the extent of the lawlessness and utter chaos left in the wake ofObama's unconstitutional "regime change" war on Libya, as evenmembers of Congress have alleged?"
It's clear. Benghazi-Gate is only a small piece of a muchlarger operation, an attempt to conceal what The New American calls; "theObama administration's full role in helping violent Jihadists and self-styledal Qaeda terrorists."
Prior to the election Barack Obama continually told us that"Osama bin-Laden is dead and GM is alive," but the sad truth is thatOsama bin-Laden's organization is alive and well and the Obama Regime may begiving aid and comfort to this terrorist network.
And prior to the election, Fox News' Geraldo Riverapontificated that Republicans shouldn't "politicize" Benghazi-gate.Swaggering onto the set of Fox and Friends Rivera bloviated: "I think wehave to stop this politicizing" and Rivera issued the following veiledwarning to Republicans: "Do we want to try and influence the election witha tragedy that happened in North Africa?"
Ironic, isn't it? Barack Obama played politics with thelives of Americans, like Rivera, the media covered Obama's rear and threatenedto accuse anyone and everyone who mentioned it of "playing politics."
Weak-willed Republicans apparently took Rivera's threat toheart as Rivera also said that Republican Senators John Barrasso, James Inhofeand Bob Corker, who all sit on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee "allagree that the supercharged atmosphere around the story — prudence dictatesthat these hearings be postponed until" after the election.
Well, the election has come and gone. Congress now has noexcuse. The American people needed the truth before the election, but now thatObama is back in the White House real conservatives must demand answers.
The American people deserve to have those questions answeredand moreover the American people deserve justice.