Just Got My First XD

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ELowrey, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ELowrey

ELowrey New Member

Just bought a used XD-S 45 from an American Legion buddy of mine. He got it last summer, put 100 rounds through it, then came the recall. He sent it in for the recall, got it back in just over 2 months he said and then just threw it in the gun safe and kind of forgot about it. He heard me say I was looking to downsize my conceal carry, that my 5" all stainless Springfield 1911 was wearing me down. As I got older the gun somehow got heavier. So he mentions he has this XD-S that he's not using and offers to sell it to me. He was wanting a small 380 so we went to the local gun shop and found him a nice small Bersa for just under $350.00 so he sold me the XD-S for $400.00, the Bersa and two boxs of ammo was all he wanted.

I've dry fired the XD-S but taking it out on Saturday to give it a test run. Looks great, I took it apart and cleaned and lubed it all up. Oh, he also gave me an IWB holster and 50 rds of Winchester white box. Been carrying it around the house in the holster and love the size and it is so easy to conceal. Will report after this weekend.

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

They are fine pistols and it sounds like you got a good deal also.
    Welcome to the XDForum, glad you joined us.

Let us know what you think after some range time.

3. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Welcome ELowrey. Glad to have you here...

4. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the forum

5. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

nice catch - welcome to the forum

6. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome from WI

7. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will like the XDs. It is a pretty slick carry gun.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome and congrats...

But we still need pics !! ;)

9. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum

10. ELowrey

ELowrey New Member

Thank you for all the welcomes. Well things didn't go as well as I would have liked at the range.
    The Good: The gun surprised me with how accurate it is. The recoil was not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. First time with a fiber optic sight, really fast pick up for follow on shots.
    The Bad: Had several "soft" strikes that failed to set off primer (9 out of 50 rounds using Estate 230 gr FMJ and 2 out of 20 Corbon +P 185 gr JHP). All rounds fired on the second go around. Obviously can not use this weapon as a CC until that issue is fixed. Already sent to Springfield to see what is going on.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  11. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Please keep us posted on the news from Springfield. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

12. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Hey stuff happens. Hope this doesn't put you off. They're great guns...

13. arcee72

arcee72 New Member

My daughter's 9mm Compact XD(M) had the same problem. We sent the gun back to Springfield and they said they cleaned the striker channel. We haven's shot it yet since we got it back. We hope it is now fixed.