Keep me alive.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 911JB, Apr 8, 2013.

1. 911JB

911JB New Member

Its that time of year again, bikes are once again on the roads and school is almost out, so the roads will be full again. So please remind all of the the texting people you know . . .
    [​IMG]

Thank you, JB.

2. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Great reminder! I have already a hand full of very close call this year and it's only April:eek:

3. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

People who text and drive should be charged with impersonating a human being and flogged in the town square........

4. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

no close calls with TWO WHEELERS yet. but texters are really a pain in the butt.

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

To add to this, always always always check your blind spot. My cousin was on a bike with her husband a few years ago and they got clipped by a merging driver. They are both OK, but the road rash itself kept them both from working for some time,

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

7. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

8. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

9. Shooter

10. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Agreed, but did you notice that the FIRST plea deal was for less than a year? and the judge refused it! IF this had been a jury trial and a jury sentencing , and me on the jury, I would vote for no less than 5 years!!:mad:

11. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

Yeah , please be careful , this was 2004 May 8:34 AM Yellow SL mercedes - Right hand lane yapping on cell phone

Im in the middle lane and see that - accelerate past her to get away

I stop at the RED LIGHT and check my 9 O clock - she smacks into me - sends me flying into traffic

it it was not for my ninja skills - a would of been road kill for a Tahoe

* this lady had enough nerve to call me later that day and attempted to pay me in cash for it - .....

Attached Files:

• doh2.jpg
      doh2.jpg
      File size:
      49.4 KB
      Views:
    • doh.jpg
      doh.jpg
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views:
  12. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Glad you came out OK on that one TinMan, not fun being a road statistic.

13. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Glad you came out of it ok Tinman.
    Had a lady cut me trying to change lanes on a rainy day. Those wide white lines are slick as ice when wet.
    People were honking their horns while I was trying to pick my bike up off the road. They were pissed because I was in the middle of the lane and they could not get past.

14. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

... GOT TO BE kidding me ..... .$#%[email protected]#$%[email protected]#%!#$%#$%^!#$^%#$^!#$%

thanks guys - ..... tell you the truth - i do NOT ride in the city - i usually plan a route OUTside - the City

15. Shooter

I would have gone longer than that. Accidents happen, but leaving the scene is inexcusable and in my mind should be a homicide charge when a life is lost.