Mec-Gar magazines for XD

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by pararescue82, May 20, 2014.

1. pararescue82

pararescue82 New Member

I recently bought a Mec-Gar 13rd magazine for my XD .40 subcompact and had multiple failure to feed issues today at the range. I initially thought it was just through my gun however it continued to have issues when used I'm my wife's XD as well as a fellow shooters. I am wondering if anyone else had any issues of this nature. I have yet to ever have a single issue when using OEM magazines. The magazine appears to be different than a springfield one and I believe there may be a design flaw. I did receive a refund and was prompted to retain or destroy my magazine. Why wasn't I even offered a replacement? Maybe this is a known issue? The magazine is made very well and durable.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

That is interesting.
    My Sig MK25 came with mec-gar mags from the factory and have been outstanding.
    The 2 options they gave don't make sense (RETAIN) or destroy .
    I would follow up with whomever you bought the mags from and ask for further information and let us know.
    Another point, mine are stamped made in Italy on the side.
    Mec-Gar has 2 plants one in Virginia and one in Italy.
    Check the side of yours to see where it's made.

3. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

This is interesting indeed!

I use Mec-Gar magazines in my Browning Hi Power and all of my 1911's. All these magazines are of superior quality and function flawlessly. All are made in Italy.

That you are having feeding issues is a puzzlement to me.

4. pararescue82

pararescue82 New Member

Yes they say made in Italy. They are very high quality yet non-functional. They almost stovepipe every round except they jam into the barrel pointing at a 45° angle and the ridge where the extractor would grab your round gets jammed into the sides of the mag. Frustrating, I gave one to the local range owner today and he said it did the same in his loaner gun. I purchased from Mec-Gar.

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Keep us updated on this, I'll be following the thread.

6. pararescue82

pararescue82 New Member

The company was prompt in a response to my issue, however they have yet to respond to my question as to retain or keep. No worries, customer service was as best as could ask for. I may alter the MG mags to look like the OEM mags and do a range test and keep as range mags.