XD Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This air rifle came into the shop last week so I decided to take it home, scope it and play with it for a while.
The only markings I see on it are 1200fps on the top. Its a single shot break barrel. Can anyone tell me who makes this rifle?

Thanks,

JB

·
Registered
387 Posts
Don't know what is but it looks like a keeper to me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my guess is crossman. Mine is a remington and looks a lot like it but not quite. The are fun as hell to play with.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to take it to the range this week and test it out. I brought home a Rem 552 this week also so I gotta try that one anyway. So it will be a good time to give this one a test run also. It feels great when shouldering and cocks/loads good also. So, as you said, it just may be a keeper Chuck.

JB

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jayson, I agree with the fun factor when it comes to air rifles. I still have my old benjamin pump up from the late 80's. It still shoots as good as the day I got it out of the box. I also have the basic rifles like a 880 and a 760 and everyone has to have a red ryder in the rack, hahahahaha.

JB

·
Registered
387 Posts
My son has a Benjamin that looks similar.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
Nice air rifle JB !!

Here is mine...a GAMO Whisper in .177...with a 3x9 variable scope...my varmint hunter

...and some fresh kills !!

Suckers never had a chance...head shots every one !!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice shooting shooter.

I have this air rifle tore down right now so I can finish the stock. I should have it finished in a few days. With any luck I will have it at the range late this week.

JB

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
Well the guys over at rimfire central figured it out already. Its a Cabela's Outfitter Series Thumbhole Air Rifle.

JB

Yea...but somebody else made it for Cabela's...right !?

I don't think they are the manufacturer...are they JB !?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea...but somebody else made it for Cabela's...right !?

I don't think they are the manufacturer...are they JB !?

No Cabelas did not make it themself. What I was told is, At heart it's still a Crosman Phantom. So I would guess Crosman built it for Cabelas.

JB

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WeeeeeeeLL, I dont know yet. I might play with it for a while and get rid of it, I really dont know yet.

JB

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im starting to like some of the stuff I have found on air guns online lol

waste of beer IMHO but 170yrds is pretty cool for a air rifle

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2_Nc0R1T3g[/ame]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts