New Guy - XDs

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by AudiBama, May 16, 2013.

1. AudiBama

AudiBama New Member

Hey all, first post.

I upgraded to my XDs .45 from a Bersa .380.

After purchasing it, all of the people complained about misfeeds and jamming. I think a lot of this has to do with people taking their brand new guns to the range without a thorough cleaning and lubing and limp wristing.

I've put around 600rds through mine at 4 range sessions and only had one misfeed.

This thing is a HUGE improvement over the Bersa. Don't get me wrong, the Bersa is extremely reliable, but they are just throwing lead after 10ft.

The recoil on it is very manageable. If anyone is out on the fence about picking one of these up, I would highly recommend doing so.

Now I would consider myself a novice pistol shooter, but I think these are pretty good shots.

7 Yards with the 7rd. mag:

[​IMG]

10 yards with the 5rd. mag w/ Pearce Extension:

[​IMG]

Here is a video of me shooting it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdgOlZ_P-0&feature=youtu.be

2. LiveFast

LiveFast Thanks Obama

Welcome to the forum!

Great gun and great group. I'm waiting for the 9mm version of the xds for my carry and fiance's range gun.

3. AudiBama

AudiBama New Member

Thanks! I'm interested in shooting the 9mm if I get the chance. Trying to find a good edc for my fiance as well.

4. LiveFast

LiveFast Thanks Obama

ya mine is very very green to shooting, she just isn't a huge fan of my .40. I'm hoping the 9 will be a little easier for her to handle, plus the smaller size of the gun should help as well. When I feel she is ready we will more than likely get her a .38 revolver for her edc.

5. Flas61

Flas61 New Member

I really like my XDs 45. It's my every day carry gun. I've had no problems with misfires or jams.
    The only reason I can see for having an XDs in 9mm is that the ammo is cheaper but that's a moot point since it's so hard to find any kind of ammo. :mad:

6. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Welcome to the forum.

My XDs runs flawlessly and it goes everywhere with me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  7. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Welcome, that's quite an upgrade from a .380 to a 45.

8. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

9. katfishinking

katfishinking New Member

I totally agree with the statements made here. I got my XDs for Christmas this last year. its been my EDC weapon ever since. the only time its not by my side, is when I go catfishing to the river. then I open carry my S&W .357. a revolver would be easier to clear sand out of in the event it gets there in the first place, im just sayin. im also interestd in the 9mm version for the wife. she currently has a bersa cc, .380.

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum..... Got to love the .45 ;)

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Firearms Forum !!