Newbie Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by threetango, Dec 25, 2016.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

A place to say hello and tell us a little about your pistol and yourself.

2. Illinois

Illinois New Member

Greetings

New guy from the Midwest. Vietnam era draftee, wound up in the infantry. Have a couple of revolvers and a shotty for home defense. On 89th day of processing CCL. Looking hard at the XD mod2, 3" 9mm as an edc. Anyone pocket carry one of these puppies? Open to suggestions.

3. JoeUSooner

JoeUSooner JoeUSooner

Welcome!

I experimented with a 3.3" but finally settled on a 9mm Mod2 Service model (4") for edc, in an Aliengear IWB holster. The 4" is still very easy and comfortable to carry, but does not kick as much (an increasingly important factor at my age).

Good luck with your choice... hope you can find the "right" pistol to fit your needs! [emoji3]

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member

Welcome aboard State of Illinois ;) :D.

5. threetango

Welcome to the XD Forum.
    Was a draftee myself in Jan 67.
    Straight to the Infantry, 8 weeks basic, 8 weeks Inf. AIT, 21 days leave and HELLO Vietnam. 4th Inf. Central Highlands.;)
    Always good to have another vet join us.

6. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Welcome from another Army vet!

7. RevV

RevV Member

Welcome!

For me personally, my Mod 2 is too big and especially bulky for pocket carry. I have use both IWB and OWB rigs with mine, depending on wardrobe. No only is it hard to hide in a pocket; it's hard to remove from pocket quickly.

8. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Nice segue back to topic Rev!

9. Bish1309

Bish1309 New Member

Welcome to the forum!

10. oninoronin

oninoronin New Member

Howdy. New guy from california. Just purchased my first pistol (in my own name). Was using a taurus 605 357 mag. Purchased an xd 40 full size saturday, figured id read up as much as i can while i wait to get it out of jail.

11. threetango

Welcome to the forum oninoronin, looks like you made a good choice.
    Be sure and post some pics after you bail it out. ;)

12. oninoronin

oninoronin New Member

Definately. Cant wait to clean it and take it to the range. 10 day wait is killing me. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas :p

13. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member

Welcome aboard oninoronin,enjoy yourself here and with your new pea shooter :D.

14. Bish1309

Bish1309 New Member

Welcome to the forum, oninoronin!

15. Illinois

Illinois New Member

Looks like my XD is on hold. Blew the discretionary funds on a motorcycle yesterday. The way the CCL process is running may be flush again by the time it comes through. Enjoyed the camaraderie. :)

16. threetango

No need to leave, stick around and learn and comment until the money flows your way.

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 New Member

Yes, 10 day waits suck in California. Picking up my 3" duo tone XD9 on the 21st.

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 New Member

Orion, if you purchased on 2/1, you can still take advantage of the Gear Up 2017 promotion from Springfield Armory

19. oninoronin

oninoronin New Member

Not sure i qualify as i paid for it at the very end of january, but picked it up on feb 7th (waiting period)

20. deaton31

deaton31 New Member

Hi everyone im also in that california waiting game too i getting My first springfield too! yeah it sucks waiting