Prayer in Schools

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by JohnnyB, Oct 20, 2012.

1. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

Having grown up in the 50s and 60s we had prayer in the schools. We also said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. Kids had respect for teachers, If we misbehaved we got our butts tore up at school then went home and our parents tore our butts up again. We used to bring our shotguns and rifles to school so we could go hunting afterwards. Go to the parking lot and every pickup has a gun rack with a shotgun or a rifle in it. Many boys had a pocket knife. I remember letting my teacher use mine in chemistry once.

Funny we didn't have drugs, school shootings, suicides, disrespect for teachers or authority. If we got into a fight it was over in a couple of minutes and everyone was best of friends afterwards. No one got stabbed and never did more than one on one in a fight.

Fast forward to today. God has been taken out of our schools and kids are not allowed to recite the Pledge. We now have school shootings, kids getting stabbed, teachers getting beat up, Any drug you can think of is available. If you go to the restroom by yourself some gang jumps you and beats the heck out of you. Kids everywhere are committing suicide.

Tell me again why they took God out of schools

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Amen bro...

When did America stop being America... ( hint: almost 4 years ago )

3. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

Sad but this is something that has gone on longer than 4 years. It has gotten worse in these past 4 years.