XD Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in the what's fit dinner thread, I attended a fund raiser last night hosted by our local sportsman's club. It's a great event that raises a ton of money to support the youth groups in our area. So why do I feel the need to rant over such a great event?

The evening always starts off with the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner. I was shocked and PO'd to see so many young adults who did not know or have the respect to stand and hold their hand over their heart. Instead many were talking, giggling or staring down at their phones texting or tweeting or whatever. It was disgraceful. Most of them were in their 20s-30s. What are we teaching our youth?

On the bright side they raised a ton of money for a great cause. In just one raffle alone they raised $8000 in about 20 minutes by selling $20 raffle tickets for a Springfield 1911 9mm. The money went to a local family who's father is battling cancer and has no insurance.

End rant...

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
I occasionally attend a few Phillies baseball and Eagles football games and anytime I see someone NOT doing the right thing when the National Anthem is played I make it a point to let them know as soon as it is over...and if they got a problem with that...TOO BAD !!

Embarrassment IS sometimes the only cure for stupid and irresponsible behavior...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.