Reloaded my 1st ammo today.

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Colt45, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Good friend of mine (we both shoot .270win) gave the invite to SCHOOL me on reloading. He did the 1st 10 rounds while I watched and let me prep and load the next 20. No magical spells or voodoo required, heck we used a battery drill in place of a case trimmer. We went out in his back 40 and once my scope was adjusted got some 3/4" groups. not bad at all. I can't wait to get everything I need to get mine up and running (and hoping powder and primers are available). If you need to feed a hungry firearm RELOAD it ain't rocket science.

2. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

I have been reloading for about 2 years now. Just another enjoyable hobby for me.
    It doesn't save me any money, just lets me shoot more!!:D

3. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

Started reloading last July, saved me some money and made ammo more avalable for my 30-338 as I allways had to have a gun smith reioad for me as these shells are not manufactured. I also reload now for several calibers and untill recently I shot alot more, now I just stock pile.
    Enjoy

Aim Small Miss Small!

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

My first loading dies were in .270 Winch. Got a Ruger M77 and a Rockchucker Jr. Press in 1976. Slowly expanded to .44 mag, .41 Mag, .357 Mag, .243 Winch, .22 Hornet, .222 Rem, .224 Rem, .221 Fireball, .30 Carbine, .300 Savage, .303 British, .30-06, .45 acp. Did alot of laoding for about 20 years and slowed down. Still do off and on, mostly .270 and .243 in rifles and .44 mag, .357.

Ammo had been pretty decent in price for a few years. Bought quite a bit. Not anymore. So I might just have to crank up the old Rockchucker again:D.