SA XD40 Tactical

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by wvjoetc, Dec 16, 2014.

1. wvjoetc

wvjoetc SA XD9

I traded up a XD40 Tactical at my local shop yesterday, I have the XD9 and it shoots very good. I do like the longer sight radius on the 40, any of you all care to share some comments on the XD40 Tactical? Thanks,

Joe

2. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Hey Joe, congrats on your acquisition. I'm a .40 fan. I don't have the Tactical, but Service model and my Sub-compact have both been flawless since day one. Enjoy it bubba. Shoot it like ya stole it... :metal2:

3. wvjoetc

wvjoetc SA XD9

My first impressions of shooting the XD40 Tac is very good. I had a little time to shoot three mags this afternoon and I am very pleased. At 7-8 yards it will shoot a ragged hole, I shot some 180gr Federals and some 155gr cast handloads. I really like the five inch barrel, and believe me that extra inch does make a difference!

4. wvjoetc

wvjoetc SA XD9

Well I pulled a bone head one last night. I took the Tac down to give it a good cleaning, and lost the striker spring, but I talked to Kate this morning in CS and a new spring is on the way no charge. Now that to me is good customer service even if it was my fault. WTG Springfield!!!

5. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Haven't dealt with them much, but have to say they're top notch IMO...

6. Hammer

Hammer New Member

Is the Tac available in .40 & 9 and 4" & 5"?

7. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

If I remember correctly both the 40 cal and 9mm Tac models are 5 in. barrel only.

8. alter1

alter1 Member

"Tactical" is the designation SA gives to the 5" versions of the XD. Nothing tactical about it, just longer.

9. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

I had one for a while. It worked perfectly well. Just kinda long for me to carry concealed. Have a G23 that I carried and now have a Kahr s.45 that is very easy to hide.