XD Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my slightly modified 2011 Shelby to the strip last week and borrowed a set of M&H drag radials and turned a 11.4 at 124 mph at test and tune. ;)

·
Banned
88 Posts
Sweet....That is my dream car

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice wheels threetango. I had a 66 Cobra 427 back in 69. I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice set of wheels. Haven't been in a Mustang since we blew the second motor on a 69 Mach I. That was in 74. Gave up on it after that. It was a 351. Had a 4 barrel carb, long duration cam, 4 speed on the floor, jacked up in the back with wide azz tires. Gets 11.4? I fhought we were doing good in the low 12s back then

Just went back to my stock 65 Merc Comet Caliente after that with a stock 289. Coulldn't afford blown engines while going to college. Wish I still had the Comet. Guy I sold it to wrapped it around a tree the first week he had it.:D

·
Banned
88 Posts
Thanks opaww,
Get yourself one, we ain't gettin no younger ? :D
I wish I could but being disabled/retired does not leave much money to buy much of anything. If it were not for my hitting the Bingo scratch off for 15K once I would have a lot less guns to play with when I can squeeze the money for.

·
Registered
130 Posts
VERY NICE CAR !!!!

I have a older style (91) with a ton of mods, when Im not at the range Im in the garage or at the track lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, how do you like that "Fox" body ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Gotta love the American muscle!

A friend has one of the small [mid 80's I think] Cobras. I call it a glorafied pinto and he hates that. So when he posted a pic of it on FB I altered the pic so it read pinto. Man did he get upset.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice, how do you like that "Fox" body ?

I love the Fox !! Good cheap fun cars lol They make so many aftermarket parts for them now days its crazy lol

I would love to one day own a GT500 or 03 cobra. both are my dream cars :D

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Hahaha, them's fightin words podner. :D

Nope, not a kit but a genuine production model, mines a 2011.

Carroll Shelby is turning over in his grave right now.

See link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang
Before I asked I asked a friend of mine if that was insulting. He said "Naw, I think most of the Shelby's are kit cars now.".

I'm going to give him hell a little later.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before I asked I asked a friend of mine if that was insulting. He said "Naw, I think most of the Shelby's are kit cars now.".

I'm going to give him hell a little later.
He was probably thinking about the Shelby AC Cobra which there are kits for now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Cobra

The Shelby GT500 Mustang is in full production and the 2013 model has 662 hp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts