Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by mmckee1952, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mmckee1952

mmckee1952 Banned

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gunconfiscation laws pass

By: Joe Newby

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke warned of a secondAmerican revolution if gun control and gun confiscation passed and said hewould not enforce laws requiring confiscation in his county while speaking withAlex Jones, Infowars reported Tuesday.

“First of all, to me that would be an act of tyranny,"he said of the gun control measures currently under consideration. "So thepeople in Milwaukee County do not have to worry about me enforcing some sort oforder that goes out and collects everybody’s handgun, or rifles, or any kind offirearm and makes them turn them in.”

“The reason is I don’t want to get shot, because I believethat if somebody tried to enforce something of that magnitude, you would seethe second coming of an American revolution, the likes of which would make thefirst revolution pale by comparison," he added.

In January, Clarke issued a public safety message urgingcitizens to get training from a certified gun safety course so they couldproperly defend themselves.

"I'm Sheriff David Clarke and I want to talk to youabout something personal: your safety. It's no longer a spectator sport; I needyou in the game. But are you ready? With officers laid off and furloughed,simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You can beg formercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. Butare you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling afirearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty toprotect yourself and your family," he said in the ad.

Across the country, law enforcement officers, statelegislators and firearm manufacturers have responded to attempts to pass gunconfiscation laws at the federal and state level.

A growing number of gun makers have said, for example, thatthey would no longer do business with the State of New York after lawmakerspassed strict gun control laws.

Responding to a gun confiscation bill in Missouri, a GOPstate representative proposed making it a felony to introduce gun controlmeasures.

In Washington State, lawmakers have introduced a bill thatwould nullify federal gun control laws in that state.

For many, the numerous gun control measures being consideredhave nothing to do with gun safety, and Sheriff Clarke agreed.

“This is about attacking the Second Amendment, it’s aboutgoing after the wrong crowd," he said. According to the sheriff, much of theviolence he sees is not committed by criminals using the guns lawmakers want toban.

“Government control cannot go on as long as people have somesort of ability to say ‘hey wait just a doggone minute,'" he added.“That’s what the government fears, they don’t really fear the criminals, theysupport the criminals. What they fear is a law abiding person.”

Video of Sheriff Clarke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yQZpp7AdtV8

2. mmckee1952

mmckee1952 Banned