Shoulder holster advice needed xdm compact

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by PocketRocket, Aug 5, 2013.

1. PocketRocket

PocketRocket New Member

Hello, I am new to CC and was weighing trying a shoulder holster. I am aware that next to ankle carry this seems to be the least popular method, but seeing how small I am and how I dress, I am thinking this could be the most concealable and comfortable option when I want to carry my larger pistol, XDm compact. I am thinking horizontal. I have a couple reservation.

1) retention failure and my chambered xdm hitting the ground mid public.

2) Accidental Discharge and firing at people behind me.

Are these concerns reasonable? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

3. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

As 3T says the "Miami Classic" is the best of the bunch for shoulder holsters.

I myself don't care for shoulders as I find them to be uncomfortable and more importantly the holster never seems top be in the same place each time you reach for it. I much prefer a belt holster of good design or a carry purse/bag/pack. At one time a bag/purse/pack was a dead give away for having a weapon on board. However in today's electronic age half the people you see are carrying some to contain all their electronic gadgets. I just prefer to carry a gun instead of an electronic pacifier.

4. PocketRocket

PocketRocket New Member

Thanks for the feedback. That holster is the one that caught my eye the most. Then I saw an older video uploaded by a guy I subscribed to recently. He even uses the Galco Miami to compare, but I also realize he is also the manufacturer. What are your opinions? I also take into account he is about twice my size.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXVixyVG-D4[/ame]

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Nothing wrong with that double shoulder rig but remember, you will have to wear a jacket or zip up type shirt to use a shoulder holster and a belt type holster is much more convenient.