1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Hmm, that dude looks familiar. ;)

G

·
Cool Tin Man. Great pistol.

I don't have one because in my dotage I could not lift a box of that monster ammo :)

·
Steak Medium Rare
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Basically agree with Callmaker except I use 180 gr Custom.

G

·
I like the "Critical Defence" because of it's performance on heavy clothing which can be a factor here up north. Down south this would be less of a problem so the "Custom" that 3T likes would be an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Let us know.
I've had mine a good while and got them at Academy Sports and if you're ever my way I
'll give you 6..

·
Registered
23 Posts
My choice of ammo for my .44 magnum is the Hornady loaded with 300 grain XTP bullets which I use for both self defense and hunting. For anything bigger than black bear I use the Garrett ammo ( www.garrettcartridges.com ) which is the best of the best in the +P and +P+ .44 magnum ammo. The handgun you show here is the choice of Alaskan Wardens loaded with the Garret ammo and they also carry a 12ga shotgun loaded with slugs. I have a Gary Reeder ( www.reedercustomguns.com ) custom built Kodiak Magnum which starts life as a Ruger Super Blackhawk and then he works his magic on it and it is the finest hunting handgun in .44 magnum for me. I feel that Gary Reeder is the premier pistol smith in the business today and Randy Garrett is the premier ammo maker of the .44 magnum and the 45/70 out there today as well. The Garrett ammo is only loaded in the .44 magnum and the 45/70 using his patented Hammerhead bullets which are what makes his ammo the best of the +p and +P+ out there. When you combine the handgun of Gary Reeder using the Randy Garrett ammo the combo is unbeatable for both self defense and hunting today. I would suggest that all visit both of the websites I listed and be sure if/when you visit Randy Garrett's site to visit each item in the site menu as they are loaded with great info. Please note that when I post I always post what is my opinion and it is meant as simply that, my opinion and nothing more nor less. I spend time on a couple of other sites where I try and use my knowledge and experience to help my fellow gun lovers and hunters.

·
Steak Medium Rare
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My choice of ammo for my .44 magnum is the Hornady loaded with 300 grain XTP bullets which I use for both self defense and hunting. For anything bigger than black bear I use the Garrett ammo ( www.garrettcartridges.com ) which is the best of the best in the +P and +P+ .44 magnum ammo. The handgun you show here is the choice of Alaskan Wardens loaded with the Garret ammo and they also carry a 12ga shotgun loaded with slugs. I have a Gary Reeder ( www.reedercustomguns.com ) custom built Kodiak Magnum which starts life as a Ruger Super Blackhawk and then he works his magic on it and it is the finest hunting handgun in .44 magnum for me. I feel that Gary Reeder is the premier pistol smith in the business today and Randy Garrett is the premier ammo maker of the .44 magnum and the 45/70 out there today as well. The Garrett ammo is only loaded in the .44 magnum and the 45/70 using his patented Hammerhead bullets which are what makes his ammo the best of the +p and +P+ out there. When you combine the handgun of Gary Reeder using the Randy Garrett ammo the combo is unbeatable for both self defense and hunting today. I would suggest that all visit both of the websites I listed and be sure if/when you visit Randy Garrett's site to visit each item in the site menu as they are loaded with great info. Please note that when I post I always post what is my opinion and it is meant as simply that, my opinion and nothing more nor less. I spend time on a couple of other sites where I try and use my knowledge and experience to help my fellow gun lovers and hunters.

thanks big dawg - considered it done !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts