Tactical light

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by Gunstar1, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 New Member

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tac light for the 3" subcompact XD9?

Rudy Zamora likes this.
  2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 New Member

Any feedback on the Streamlite TLR 6?

3. Bish1309

Bish1309 Member

No experience with illuminating devices. Just make sure what you want are rated for the particular caliber of gun you own. I've beat up a picatinny railed laser light and it wasn't happy on a .22LR or a 9mm. Go figure.

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

5. XRAY

XRAY New Member

Check out the streamlight TLR-4, it's very reliable and decent sizing. It's also a laser/light combo. Optics planet has it for a bit over $100(free shipping) and u can also check it out on Amazon for around the same price.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  6. RutileBros

RutileBros New Member

Many actually recommend Optics Planet, even for hunting equipment.

7. BBH-1951

BBH-1951 New Member

I just purchased a Streamlight TLR-6 (69291) for my xdm 9, 4.5", for $92 on amazon. Have not shot with it yet, but it's a very nice unit. 3 modes: light only, laser only, light+ laser. Adjustable. Fit perfectly on gun.

8. NealS

NealS New Member

I prefer Optics Planet

9. Thorgrim

Thorgrim New Member

I bought a TLR-6 for my new XDM Compact, tiny light/laser that performs with it's bigger brothers. The light is more of a flood than a wide spot with fringe lighting, but for inside a house it's ideal for me. I also have a TLR-4 on my XD 5" and my AR, the main advantages it has over the 6 are longer battery life, easier-to-find batteries, and I like the switching system a bit better. I have medium sized hands (glove size 8 1/2) and arthritis has weakened them - I find the switch on the TLR4 easier to manipulate.

The XD 5" in .357 SIG and TLR4 is my "house gun", I bought the XDM/TLR6 as a carry piece as I've never been really satisfied with the Ruger LC9 it replaces, except that the LC9 is at least a 9mm instead of the .380 it replaced. Some day down the road I plan to buy and XDS and another TLR6, but that won't be soon and who knows what Springfield and Streamlight will be offering by then.

10. Rudy Zamora

Rudy Zamora New Member

I just reached the 20k round mark with my XD Mod2 SC and 15k with the TLR-4. Not a single failure with the sidearm or the light. Good battery life. Good lumens.
    But I've found that all the major/popular makes and models are fine enough if you're not kicking in doors nightly. The thing I learned the hard way with weapon lights, as with most things concerning the XD platform, are the holster options... or lack thereof.
    I've been happy with the TLR-4 and have stuck with it, since it was a gift. I was considering going with the Olight PL Mini next... but the custom kydex holster I found at ReignTactical has kept me happy with my setup.

What did you ending up going with?