XD Forums banner

Talon Grip Tape

10K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  yogiboobooranger 
#1 ·
Even though my grip tape is not here yet for the XD-S, I want to suggest that if you have never tried Talon, you should do so. I prefer the rubber texture over the sand paper, and have it on a couple of Glocks. Makes for better grip on the sub compacts. Just thought I would throw this out here as a first post in this section.:D

#28 · (Edited)
Similar to Critical Defense, but not quite the same. The Critical Defense have a red material with a slightly round tip in the end of the FTX bullet. The Zombie Max has a white material with a fairly flat tip in the end of the Z-Max bullet. Not sure what the difference is between the materials. Their published ballistic info is very similar. The Critical Defense has a nickel plated casing vs plain brass for the Zombie Max.

All the different caliber Zombie Max rds I have come with a green material tip, that's how I recognized thepunk88's.

Both the Critical Defense and Zombie Max tips are polymer, just one red, one neon green.

#32 · (Edited)
Similar to Critical Defense, but not quite the same. The Critical Defense have a red material with a slightly round tip in the end of the FTX bullet. The Zombie Max has a white material with a fairly flat tip in the end of the Z-Max bullet. Not sure what the difference is between the materials. Their published ballistic info is very similar. The Critical Defense has a nickel plated casing vs plain brass for the Zombie Max.

All the different caliber Zombie Max rds I have come with a green material tip, that's how I recognized thepunk88's.

Both the Critical Defense and Zombie Max tips are polymer, just one red, one neon green.

Sorry about that. thepunk88's pic was pretty bright and it looked white to me. Looked closer just now and I can see the green tint.

The bullets look pretty similar to me except for the color. The scoring for the hollow point looks a little shorter on the Z-max than the FTX. On my Critical Defense rounds the scoring extends about half way from the end to the OD near the casing. This looks like about 1/3 of the way.

#33 · (Edited)
Sorry about that. thepunk88's pic was pretty bright and it looked white to me. Looked closer just now and I can see the green tint.

The bullets look pretty similar to me except for the color. The scoring for the hollow point looks a little shorter on the Z-max than the FTX. On my Critical Defense rounds the scoring extends about half way from the end to the OD near the casing. This looks like about 1/3 of the way.
Yep, the tips are a little different between the 2.

#34 ·
Now, back on topic.
I haven't tried any of the Talon grip yet but have heard some good reports on it.
Wonder how it holds up after some time on the gun ?

#35 ·
Talon grips on both my s & 9

I owe you folks a pic of my Talon grips installed. Up here in the N, they are a nice improvement when shooting outdoors, in the cold, bare handed, compared to the OEM grip :D. Nice tactility. BTW, I like my XD-s so much, it is only the cost of ammo that brings me back to my XD-9.

Attachments

#38 ·
I suggest you use the search functions regarding to" beginning reloading " on your computer. There are so many sites dedicated to the hobby. As far as primers, it depends on caliber you are reloading as well as the powder used. I do suggest that if you are going to get into the hobby, choose a multi stage press. You will find out that due to the current scare (Gun Ban), components are starting to fly off the shelves. Lead and primers are going fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.