XD Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our own administrator's (glock26USMC) police dog "Tyson" has fallen ill, and is now at the veterinarian hospital in critical condition. Please say a prayer for one of our own 4 legged heroes!

·
Administrator
4,630 Posts
Tyson did okay through the night, however he is still constantly vomiting. He is going to have a ultrasound, and hopefully that will shed some light as to what is going on.

I'm heading there in a few to visit him, hopefully I know more when I'm there

·
Administrator
4,630 Posts
Doctor just called, ultrasound shows a lot of fluid, and looks like his intestines are inflamed, which makes them think there is a obstruction, surgery is needed to see, due to all the fluid, if there isn't an obstruction then they would have to investigate to see if something is wrong with his intestines.

I have a feeling, his duty days are over

·
Banned
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ger has better news than his last post. I'm sure he will post when he can but basically his dog ate a hairball, and with continued prayers, he'll be ok.

·
Administrator
4,630 Posts
Surgeon performed surgery last night, removed a mass of hair from his stomach, which was blocking his intestines. the mass was removed and everything else looks good...... he is in stable condition, and in ICU.

he has to start eating and drinking before he can come home, and as of late last night, he was not doing either. i am calling at 0900 to checkup on him

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Hope he recovers quickly and can get back on the job.
Keep us informed.

·
Administrator
4,630 Posts
He is home, has a pain patch on, he is in pain, and just resting, he does wimper because he is in pain, has about 15 staples in his stomach

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Thanks Ed, they actually told me to try some chicken and rice
+1 on the chicken and rice. Definitely the way to go. That's actually a great "bland diet" for dogs whenever they're not keeping their food down.

So glad to hear your partner's on the up! Great news Gerry. Really great news!

- Mark

·
Administrator
4,630 Posts
+1 on the chicken and rice. Definitely the way to go. That's actually a great "bland diet" for dogs whenever they're not keeping their food down.

So glad to hear your partner's on the up! Great news Gerry. Really great news!

- Mark
thank you sir :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts