Thoughts and prayers really needed now!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by havasu, Apr 13, 2014.

1. havasu

havasu Banned

Our own administrator's (glock26USMC) police dog "Tyson" has fallen ill, and is now at the veterinarian hospital in critical condition. Please say a prayer for one of our own 4 legged heroes!

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Thank you Havasu, I really appreciate the prayers and support

I'll keep you all updated

3. LT2108

Tyson did okay through the night, however he is still constantly vomiting. He is going to have a ultrasound, and hopefully that will shed some light as to what is going on.

I'm heading there in a few to visit him, hopefully I know more when I'm there

4. LT2108

Doctor just called, ultrasound shows a lot of fluid, and looks like his intestines are inflamed, which makes them think there is a obstruction, surgery is needed to see, due to all the fluid, if there isn't an obstruction then they would have to investigate to see if something is wrong with his intestines.

I have a feeling, his duty days are over

5. havasu

havasu Banned

Ger has better news than his last post. I'm sure he will post when he can but basically his dog ate a hairball, and with continued prayers, he'll be ok.

6. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

That's better news. Hope the pup is OK now.

7. LT2108

Surgeon performed surgery last night, removed a mass of hair from his stomach, which was blocking his intestines. the mass was removed and everything else looks good...... he is in stable condition, and in ICU.

he has to start eating and drinking before he can come home, and as of late last night, he was not doing either. i am calling at 0900 to checkup on him

8. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Thanks for the update Gerry. Best wishes for your pal.

9. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Hope he recovers quickly and can get back on the job.
    Keep us informed.

10. LT2108

He is home, has a pain patch on, he is in pain, and just resting, he does wimper because he is in pain, has about 15 staples in his stomach

11. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Good to hear that he is home and responsive Gerry. Chicken soup, that cures everything :D

12. LT2108

Thanks Ed, they actually told me to try some chicken and rice

13. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

That would be good gerry. Easy on his tummy and get some nutrition in him he'll feel better. Of course hugs for puppy pals is always good also.;)

14. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

+1 on the chicken and rice. Definitely the way to go. That's actually a great "bland diet" for dogs whenever they're not keeping their food down.

So glad to hear your partner's on the up! Great news Gerry. Really great news!

- Mark

15. LT2108

thank you sir :)