XD Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one tried doing any trigger work on their xd, or tried out one of the replacement trigger set ups? curious.....

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm also interested. I've seen the PRP trigger kit installation video, and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My buddy did the PRP to his XDM, Put next to my XDM there is a world of difference! Next up for mine is a PRP ultimate match trigger kit!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not an XD, but i have a friend (really, i do!) who put an APEX comp trigger kit in his M&P. It's amazing but he's thinking of taking it out and swapping it for the duty kit, it's so light as to be nervous making for IDPA style shooting

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've done DIY (alter OEM parts, sear, trigger bar, striker), and PRP safety lever and installed Springer sear on different guns.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had Springer Precision do my XDm 5.25 and it's really a lot smoother and better shooting. Since I use it for IDPA, he didn't do all he could have (SS guide rod, etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Done my own PRP trigger. Big difference. Just pay close attention to what you are doing and you will be fine. I say close attention. Removed a pin punch to quick and lost the sear spring. Heard it rattle around a few times. Still M.I.A. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, went with the Powder River Drop in kit on my XDM Compact. Great Trigger Action! Oh, and had to go with the X Treme Rubber Grips, just sets the gun apart from the others!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My xd 40 tactical trigger was done by Jeremy at Springfield Armory, incredible. If ur in Ohio during the National Matches at Camp Perry they will do them there, or in thier custom shop at the factory (you could send it in).

Robb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for That!

My xd 40 tactical trigger was done by Jeremy at Springfield Armory, incredible. If ur in Ohio during the National Matches at Camp Perry they will do them there, or in thier custom shop at the factory (you could send it in).

Robb

I didn't even think about sending my XDm40 back to the factory for a trigger job. As I work out of country for several months a year, I won't be sitting at home staring at the calendar waiting on the return!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey folks,

Do these triggers you speak of work in an XDs as well? Where can I purchase these trigger upgrades?

·
Registered
23 Posts
xds .45 trigger sucks

I sent my XDS 45 off to Springfield for the recall it had a awesome trigger before I left. The trigger is horrible and gritty .what can I do to smooth it out

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I'd like a trigger job on my XDS too! I wish I could get the trigger pull as sweet as my 1911 pistols.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Unfortunately Talon, there is nothing that compares to a good 1911 SA trigger. The XDs trigger can be made better than stock but will never be as short and crisp as your 1911's.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Unfortunately Talon, there is nothing that compares to a good 1911 SA trigger. The XDs trigger can be made better than stock but will never be as short and crisp as your 1911's.
I sadly agree. I called SA yesterday, and they can't help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm interested in the PRP or Springer trigger upgrade for my XD-9 Service pistol. I'd like a nice combat trigger... 4lbs and a crisp break:confused::confused:

Which one is a true "drop-in" set-up?? I really don't wanna send my pistol out for smithing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The PRP trigger kits are the best money I have spent for my XDs. I have done the drop-in and fitted kits and I can't tell the difference between them. They are both great, you will be pleased with either.

The PRP trigger is a factory option available direct from Springfield Armory. That should count for something.

PRP drop-in trigger kit Item #: PRP-057

I have no experience with the Springer kits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered a PRP "drop-in trigger" for my XD-9 Service. During my off time, I've been studying the youtube install video. Looks really easy. I was interested in Springer Percision..
However, like I stated before I don't like sending guns off for work and like to do things myself. Anyone istall this trigger kit on a XD-9 Service???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts