XD Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well.. I ordered the PRP drop-in trigger and watched the youtube video numerous times. It took me about 30 min to complete this upgrade. Wow.. What a difference!!! nice break and short reset!!

Took my XD-9 to the local range and started up a conversation with a local gentlemen that shoots in competitions using a Sig P226. My XD-9 was holding it's own and even the Sig owner complemented me on the feel of the trigger!!

In all.... a fine upgrade to an outstanding pistol:):)

·
Registered
11 Posts
After about 200 rounds I'm still having a heck of a time adjusting to the XDS 3.3 9mm I picked up for CC. I guess I'm so used to the quick 4lb SA pull of my CZ P01 that the combo of the short barrel and long 7-8 lb pull of the XDS has me hitting low left unless I purposely think about the shot and adjust. Problem is after a few rounds, I relax and it goes back to low-left. So I ordered the PRP trigger kit w/new sear and it's in for installation as we speak. I know the XDS is geared for carry and it's not a target queen. But I really would like to experience some consistent short range accuracy before I get it off the range and into a holster. I'll update after the kit is installed..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update.. XDS PRP trigger kit w/sear made it a new experience. Smooth nice pull feels like 5 or so lbs. Love the gun now, going to be my personal carry. $65 for the kit and broke down and had local smith install for $45.00.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Somehow closely following the YouTube I still buggered it up. I sent the whole works back to SA.
I have it on my carry permit. Alterations on CCW guns are verboten here in Californiastan
just have a qualified 'smith do it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Somehow closely following the YouTube I still buggered it up. I sent the whole works back to SA.
I have it on my carry permit. Alterations on CCW guns are verboten here in Californiastan
just have a qualified 'smith do it
I believe PRP drop-in kits parts are listed a Springfield Armory factory parts??
Could you get around this law?? I guess I'm lucky I live in Pennsylvania

·
Registered
67 Posts
Trigger Upgrade PRP Questions

I just read every post on this thread, and I want to thank all of the contributors for sharing their expertise and experience!

If anyone has anything to add to the discussion, please do so soon. I'd like all the information I can get.

I will wait a couple few days to see if anyone adds new information, but at the moment, it looks like I will be ordering a PRP drop in kit for my XD Mod 2 9 mm (5 inch bbl.).

If I love it as much as I it seem that I will, I might have to order PRP kits for my other Mod 2 3.3 inch .45 ACP.

It seems like a huge bonus in terms of both competition and law that the PRP is a factory option direct from Springfield!

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A PRP KIT ON THEIR PRIMARY CARRY GUN, is the trigger TOO nice to be safe for CC?

·
Registered
67 Posts
"Ultimate Match" vs "Drop In"

It seems that PRP does not make the "ultimate match" trigger for the Mod 2, and that the better of the 2 choices for the Mod 2 is the "drop in."

Anyone know how "drop in" compares to "ultimate match" or if PRP plans to release a "ultimate match" for the Mod 2 in the future?

Thanks for any information anyone can share!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Power River Precision Kits for XD Mod 2

Today, I spoke with a customer service rep at PRP. She said that the “Drop-In Trigger Kit” for the XD Mod 2 (4 or 5 inch), PLUS the “optional sear upgrade” is essentially the “Ultimate Match Target Trigger” that is sold for the original XD and the XD-M.

She also said that the Drop-In Kit PLUS sear upgrade is actually a slightly better deal than the “Ultimate” because the ultimate comes with 1 set of springs, but the Drop-In Kit comes with 2 sets.

Hope this helps clarify the PRP offerings for the various members of the XD family.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts