Trijicon RMR

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by stevo, May 7, 2014.

1. stevo

stevo New Member

Howdy all,
    I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with the Trijicon RMR on an XD platform. Trijicon also makes a mount which replaces the rear sight so no machining is required.
    Cheers, Stevo

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I have no experience with this type of sight.

What would be the purpose of mounting this sight on an XD?

3. stevo

stevo New Member

Purpose of Trijicon RMR

Howdy,
    Well, the purpose is really quite simple: I want to be able to hit whatever target I might shoot at as rapidly as possible. Being in my mid 60's, having had cataract surgery on both eyes (and still not seeing as well as I would like), and frequenting rattlesnake country, I feel that it would be nice to be able to draw, fire, and hit my potentially dangerous target ASAP. Hope that clears things up for ya.
    Cheers, Stevo

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Just a suggestion,you might consider a laser for better point and shoot.
    Especially with not the best as eyesight.
    Point of aim with a laser is point of impact.

Hopefully someone will post on the Trijicon RMR as I'm not familiar with it but do have 2 pistols with lasers.

Here's a good article on the laser.

http://www.officer.com/article/10643657/the-skinny-on-lasers

5. upchurch131

upchurch131 New Member

Also a fellow with diminishing eyesight. Looked at night sights first. But for the price, a nice laser would be attractive. The downside is finding a holster for cc.

6. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

I don't think it's as difficult as you might think. For IWB carry, I know that Crossbreed, Galco, Alien, and Hidden Hybrid all have w/laser options. I'm not as familiar with OWB/laser option, but a few phone calls shouldn't be a big deal.

7. upchurch131

upchurch131 New Member

l have another question on lasers. I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and purchased the Crimson Trace red laser LG-448. Since I use the nifty Laser Ammo system for dry fire practice, I put that laser in bore sight mode and tried to zero on that dot. I was able to set elevation and windage perfectly. But after racking the gun a few times, the bore sight and CT laser dots separated repeatedly at the same distance. I talked with CT customer service and used a procedure to free up the diode if by chance it was frozen. But no luck. Any thoughts?

8. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

lose the laser , get you a nice SNAKE charmer !!!! THe Governor !!