XD Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with the Trijicon RMR on an XD platform. Trijicon also makes a mount which replaces the rear sight so no machining is required.
Cheers, Stevo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purpose of Trijicon RMR

Howdy,
Well, the purpose is really quite simple: I want to be able to hit whatever target I might shoot at as rapidly as possible. Being in my mid 60's, having had cataract surgery on both eyes (and still not seeing as well as I would like), and frequenting rattlesnake country, I feel that it would be nice to be able to draw, fire, and hit my potentially dangerous target ASAP. Hope that clears things up for ya.
Cheers, Stevo

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Just a suggestion,you might consider a laser for better point and shoot.
Especially with not the best as eyesight.
Point of aim with a laser is point of impact.

Hopefully someone will post on the Trijicon RMR as I'm not familiar with it but do have 2 pistols with lasers.

Here's a good article on the laser.

http://www.officer.com/article/10643657/the-skinny-on-lasers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also a fellow with diminishing eyesight. Looked at night sights first. But for the price, a nice laser would be attractive. The downside is finding a holster for cc.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Also a fellow with diminishing eyesight. Looked at night sights first. But for the price, a nice laser would be attractive. The downside is finding a holster for cc.
I don't think it's as difficult as you might think. For IWB carry, I know that Crossbreed, Galco, Alien, and Hidden Hybrid all have w/laser options. I'm not as familiar with OWB/laser option, but a few phone calls shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
l have another question on lasers. I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) and purchased the Crimson Trace red laser LG-448. Since I use the nifty Laser Ammo system for dry fire practice, I put that laser in bore sight mode and tried to zero on that dot. I was able to set elevation and windage perfectly. But after racking the gun a few times, the bore sight and CT laser dots separated repeatedly at the same distance. I talked with CT customer service and used a procedure to free up the diode if by chance it was frozen. But no luck. Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts