Unknown trigger modification

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by kf7lou, Nov 16, 2015.

1. kf7lou

kf7lou New Member

I recently acquired two .40 XD's, and much to my surprise one of them has a tendency to double tap. I also experienced an AD the other day while unloading the double tapper. I was trying to get to the bottom of what was causing my issue and it nearly ended disastrously. Thankfully I nor anyone else was injured, but this has me very concerned as I am positive my finger was nowhere near the trigger. I noticed a weld on the trigger rod (i.e. someone tried to modify it) and am not going to use this weapon until I can find replacement parts. Does anyone know if I can order factory parts for an XD? What other suggestions do you have about this issue?

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

I agree with you on not using the pistol with unauthorized mods.
    I would get it to a gunsmith ASAP.
    Here's a link to parts.

http://www.xdgunparts.com/

3. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Ditto! Please keep us posted on how things go...

4. kf7lou

kf7lou New Member

Thanks for the info

Thank you 3T for the link, every time I would search I would only find mods and no stock parts. That site is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can fix the pistol without having to send it to the factory. Everything else looks stock, just the trigger bar is questionable. I will let you guys know as soon as I get it fixed and test fire it at the range if there is any other issue, or if it is fixed. Thanks again for the help.

5. kf7lou

kf7lou New Member

Just an update

I wanted to let everyone who is interested know that I have ordered the replacement parts and am now just waiting for them to get here. Hopefully it won't take too long, but being so close to Christmas I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

6. kf7lou

kf7lou New Member

Well it looks like there is even more wrong with this weapon than I first thought. Recently I noticed that the striker safety has been ground down to remove the steps on it, as well as the corresponding part of the striker. Whom ever it was that did these modifications sure didn't believe in doing things right. I am ordering replacements of all the parts that I suspect have been modified.

7. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the update.
    It may help someone in the future and good luck with the rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016