XD Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A place to drop by and state your branch and time of service.
I'll start.
Army Airborne/Pathfinder 20 years retired.

·
Steak Medium Rare
1,154 Posts
I was never in the service -

but I have nothing but up most Respect for any that have served , my family fled Vietnam fall of Saigon , I would hear story's of us running through the jungle - to the refugee Navy ship .

Again thank you for all you do

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was never in the service -

but I have nothing but up most Respect for any that have served , my family fled Vietnam fall of Saigon , I would hear story's of us running through the jungle - to the refugee Navy ship .

Again thank you for all you do
During the fighting in the city of Kontum TET 68 I recaptured this from an NVA.
Still have it in an airtight container and as you can see it caught hell, bulletholes, shrapnel and blood.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted in honor of a man who cared for the troops, entertained us, made us laugh, and forget, for a little while where we were. Rest easy Robin Williams, you will never be forgotten.....

·
JoeUSooner
97 Posts
Regular Army volunteer, 1968 - 1972. Arrived in-country VietNam Dec69, medevac'd out Sep70.

·
JoeUSooner
97 Posts
True! No internet back then... had to rely on Uncle Sam's own travel bureau

I was stationed with the 525th MI Group, but the majority of my time was spent up near Hue.

I took basic at Ft Polk. C-1-2 was my home for 8 weeks of hell in beautiful downtown Louisiana (in August and September!)

How else may I bore you?

How about your history?

·
Registered
8 Posts
True! No internet back then... had to rely on Uncle Sam's own travel bureau I was stationed with the 525th MI Group, but the majority of my time was spent up near Hue.I took basic at Ft Polk. C-1-2 was my home for 8 weeks of hell in beautiful downtown Louisiana (in August and September!) How else may I bore you?
How about your history?
Basic at Leonard Wood (middle of Winter). AIT at Ford Ord California (heaven, a mid-western boys first visit to the coast). Saw Hue from the back of a troop transport. Based out of Camp Evans. Spent most of the time in the bush up around the DMZ. Medivaced to Japan (Camp Zama) April of 70. Was a long time ago but sometimes seems like yesterday. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts