XD Forums banner

Virginia might deny Feds!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Colt45 
#1 ·
:D:D:D

13104277D

HOUSE BILL NO. 2340 Offered January 18, 2013 A BILL to prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of Virginia from assisting the Federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, arrest, search, or seizure, under the authority of any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012, infringing the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof.
----------
Patrons-- Marshall, R.G., Gilbert, Lingamfelter, Crockett-Stark, Fariss, Kilgore, Morefield, Ransone, Rush and Wright; Senator: Black

----------Referred to Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety ----------Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:
1. § 1. Notwithstanding any contrary provision of law, no agency of the Commonwealth as defined in § 8.01-385 of the Code of Virginia, no political subdivision of the Commonwealth as defined in § 8.01-385 of the Code of Virginia, and no employee of either, acting in his official capacity, shall:
(A) knowingly aid any employee or entity of the federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, or arrest, nor participate in any search or seizure, relating to any, criminal, civil, or administrative restrictions on firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof, based on any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012; or
(B) knowingly aid any employee or entity of the federal government of the United Sates in conducting, or the enforcement of any requirement for, any background check related to any intrastate sale, loan, gift, or other transfer of firearms between citizens of the Commonwealth who do not possesses any federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. section 293.

Need to get this passed!

See less See more
#2 ·
ya beat me to it, just logged in to post this but this awesome I hope it passes since they threw out of the other new laws the democrats wanted

#3 ·
I sent an e-mail to the governor of Florida and to our pro gun representatives urging them to do the same. No replies as of yet.

#4 ·
That's a good move Colt45, like to see all states get on board.
Guy's you might send copies of this to your elected officials and state your approval.

#6 ·
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I am always happy to see it when a state passes one of these bills and I also wish more states would do it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] However, it always make me ask myself the question, How long would it be before the feds pull federal funds from states that passed these bills. Think the 70's and the gas crisis and the mandatory 55mph speed limits. If I remember correctly some states lost federal $'s because the refused to lower their limits.[/FONT]

JB

#8 ·
If the Feds cut Federal funding to states that enact this type of legislation, then we STOP sending in TAX dollars to D.C. send it instead to the state Capitials. I remember reading about States Rights vs the Federal Gov in the 1860's and Virginia was involved:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.